It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

Soapyy HB User
Exclamation Someone please help :s

Hey.
I'll get straight to the problem. I think i might have vaginal thrush. Ive checked/researched all the symptons online and all the sites ive checked indicate that i have it.
I really want to get help/treatment for it but i cant go to my mum to talk to her about it because its just embarassing and i hate talking to my mum about personal things like that. And i really dont want to go to my doctor about it because im scared that it might be something else but all the expert sites that ive looked at say that i should go to my doctor to get it checked and to see if its posirive.
I really dont know what to do. Im actually properaly confused and i dont know weather im making a big fuss out of nothing or whatever.
Could someone please give me advice on what to do??
Thankyouu x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Someone please help :s

talk to your mom, she might surprise you.....moms are a lot more understanding than we give them credit for....
have you recently been on anti-biotics? sometimes they can cause thrush by eliminating all bacteria (including the good ones)

The following user gives a hug of support to rosequartz:
Soapyy (10-19-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
Soapyy (10-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

Soapyy HB User

Thankyou for your reply.
Ive spoke to my closet friend about this as she's had it and she was on the same situation. She also said that i should talk to my mum. I would but i just dont know what to say or how to start the convosation with her:/
And well ive been taking a lot of paracetemol recently. Are they anti-biotics? Cos if so that might be it but i really dont know what else has caused it... X

Old 10-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

Hi, paracetamol is antibiotics. It is a pain reliever and a fever reducer. Thier can be certain medicines and antibiotics that may cause a vaginal thrush to happen. Vaginal thrush is an infection of the vagina caused by yeast or fungus. It is also called vaginal candidiasis or more commonly known as a yeast infection. This type of yeast that lives in the skin and is primarily located around the areas of the vagina is called Candida. The Candida yeast is naturally occurring in the vagina because the most favorable environment for it are the areas that are warm, moist and relatively airless parts of the body.

Last edited by Vanilla Kiss; 10-20-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

just talk to your mom! she probably has been thru it herself!
there is a vaginal insert that you can use to get rid of it.
i've noticed here in the US we call it a yeast infection, but in the UK they call it thrush.....but it's the same thing, very common, but the itching can drive you mad! Don't be embarassed.....it's just one of those things that happens to females!

Closed Thread