It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

Hanieslove HB User
I need some thoughts!

Okay so its a long story,
I am 15 and ever since about mid july I have been having some problems. I was coming back from the beach with my family one night, and I got this random spurt of shortness of breath and weakness. It was really strange, so when I got home I drank water and went to bed. I woke up... everything was fine, and I just went about my day, however, the next day, I had a long day and after seeing the 2nd harry potter movie I went home, and felt the same way! I was very scared, and felt like I couldnt breathe, and I have a history of asthma, but I was not weezing, so it was something I was not used to. Okay so after that night, its kind of a blur, but I basically needed to take off of my summer job for a couple of days, and I took an abuterol treatment, and went to bed, but I got this sudden urge to burp. It was really weird, I just couldnt lie down because i needed to burp!
It continued for a couple of days, and weeks, and it was very emotionally draining. No one in my family quite knew what was going on with me. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with acid reflux, and took some medicine tha t my doctor perscribed to me. Soon enough my acid reflux went away.
But unfortunately that was not the end of my problems. With the death of my friends mother, I was emotionally confused. I contantly feared death, questioned the meaning of life, and was just depressed. I was looking forward to school to start, because I thought that all of my problems would go away, but boy was I wrong. And mind that throghout this time, ive been in a daze where I feel like I am in a dream and am not present. In addition, i have had this constant fear of having a brain tumor because I keep thinking that there has to be SOMETHING wrong with me if all of this is going on.
Anyway, so school started and I was kind of just playing everything by ear. then mid october, I smoked weed with my friends, and everything spun out of control. I had an intense panic attack where the ambulence was called, and it was just BAD. after that everything has just been an up and down, physical and emotional roller coaster. I have really bad sinus problems too, but i just dont feel like myself. Just a week ago, I had a really bad panick attack at my basketball game and went to the hospital. They took a chest X ray and EKG and everything was fine, the doctor said its anxiety. Idk i just feel really bad and want this all to go away. Now, I feel like I am going to lose control, and I am really conscience of my breathe, I feel like my thoughts are all fuzzy, and I still contantly worry about a brain tumor. To top it all of I was diagnosed with LPR, this like aid reflux in ur Lyrnx I think , so that just makes everything worse. I am just scared that everything is going to get out of control, I JUST WANT MY LIFE BACK, WORRY FREE! can anyone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
(female)

Wheeze HB User
Re: I need some thoughts!

First of all, try and take a deep breath and relax. It definitely sounds like you're suffering from some form of anxiety, which I can definitely relate to. It's not fun! The shortness of breath and the paranoia are all definitely symptoms of anxiety. I'd recommend that you stay away from smoking any more weed. For some people, it calms them down, but for people with anxiety it can make them much more paranoid and anxious. It's a flip of the coin really what it does to you, but from your experience I definitely think it's a good idea to stay away from that.

I don't think you have to worry about a brain tumor; you'd be having other symptoms if that were the case. Try and let that go and focus on relaxing, getting a lot of sleep, eating properly and doing everything you can to stay healthy and keep away your anxiety. It might be a good idea to go and talk to a councillor if you're still feeling really anxious, they might have some more ideas on exercises you can try, or if it really comes down to it, anti-anxiety medications.

Good luck!

Closed Thread