It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
(male)

ljturiccki HB User
Strong heartbeat/palpitations

Hey all, about three months ago I started to notice I had a strong heartbeat in my chest and palpitations at the bottom of my neck at the end of each exercise session I do, these palpitations last for about 5 to 20 seconds.

I'm a 16 year old male of a slim build (56 kilos). I exercise very frequently about 5-6 days a week of cardio and strength training, and have been running regularly since March this year.

I can also sometimes feel my heartbeat in my chest when I am laying on my front in bed and can actually feel part of my heart moving inbetween my ribs when I lay on my left.
I recently went for my British Army selection two months ago ( I passed ) where I had a full body medical exam, the g.p there checked my heart a few times with his stethoscope for murmurs or any other problem and found nothing.
He had made me do pressups before he checked my heart so my heart was already beating strongly but he didn't mention it or anything.
My resting heart rate is about 52 bpm and my recovery rate is about 3 minutes, there is no history of heart disorders, early or sudden deaths in my family.
This doesn't really bother me as such it's just a bit annoying sometimes.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
-Lewis

Old 07-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

cammmyb HB User
Re: Strong heartbeat/palpitations

Hi there,

Well let me start by saying I get them so you are not alone ok ? i am also the same age as you and i just had a palpitation just there lol but i am here to talk and i think, and this is ME, i think it is normal because i get them aswell and so do some of my friends, but i am here to listen and give advise ( if need be )

Cameron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply