It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

ulima HB User
i am young and my parents recently seperated

From last year November my mom packed up her things and moved out the furnitures leaving my dad witha a bed and a new stove. I have never cried about it but I know I am hurting inside. He was a very good father until we started to mature he turned into a beast. I never had a father to talk to about boys and sex for he never found the time. He woulld call my siblings and i names such as idiot pickney, idiot, fool,demon possed and many other names which are not very pleasing. Now that my mom has left him i shpould be glad, but for some reason i am not. He has been asking for forgiveness and is really trying to be the father that we his children want to be. Something inside me is saying that it serves him right while in my heart, i am willing to forgive him. What should i do? Do i Miss him?

The following user gives a hug of support to ulima:
BelleoftheSouth (02-26-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: i am young and my parents recently seperated

We all make mistakes. And everyone deserves a second chance. If you give him a little time, you might see if he's working on his problems or is not.

The Following User Says Thank You to flintrock For This Useful Post:
BelleoftheSouth (02-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
(female)

canary12 HB User

Oh, I'm sorry you had such a difficult relationship with your father growing up. And, I know dealing with your mom and dad's separation must be really tough. And, I don't think you can heal from all this overnight. Of course, that's not to say that you shouldn't have a relationship with your dad if he's sincere about wanting to change. But, I do think it would be great if your family could work through all the problems and pain you've gone through-maybe with a counselor? Is that something your mom or dad would ever be willing to do-or maybe allow you to do? I realize that it can be expensive, but I know there's organizations that can sometimes work with your financial situations. In fact, from my time at Focus on the Family, I know they have counseling over the phone available free of charge (1-855-771-HELP). Or, do you know of an adult you respect who could help your family during this time? Maybe a local church or pastor could give you or your family some support? And, if counseling doesn't work out, I came across a book a book called Help! My Family's Messed Up! that talks about some of what you've been facing. I know you can find it online or maybe even at a library. Not sure if you're a reader, but just a thought! Well, I really do hope your dad is making real changes in his life and your family can heal your relationships. I guess that's something that only you can know for sure. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

(((ulima))) I'm sorry you're going through this. Do you have an Aunt or older Cousin that you can talk to about the facts of life ? your dad name calling is so bad for self esteem and confidence..tell him AND your mom what you've told us(if it won't get you into trouble) and let them know you need both of your parents to help you grow up.

Canary has great advice for you and I hope you can get the book..if you can't afford it then go to the Library..they should have it.

I wish you a better life and ((HUGS again))) I'm lighting a candle for you.

~Belle~

Last edited by BelleoftheSouth; 02-26-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Left word out.

Closed Thread