It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

lil angel HB User
Can't take this anymore!!!

They say I SMELL bad but i cant smell it.. I just started high school and i was super excited.. But about 2 months after school started I started hearing people saying I smelled.. During my 7 period class it gets worst.. A group of kids just make fun of me whispering but I can still hear them.. Also today in 7 period my teacher made us move back a seat and this guy was like " the smell is getting closer" he made want to cry.. I don't understand why I me and my family can't smell my bad odor.. I told my parents my problem and they say I dont smell..

Please help me I can't take it anymore I have to struggle with this everyday.. I don't want to smell/stink everyday.. Pleas help

The following user gives a hug of support to lil angel:
writeleft (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Can't take this anymore!!!

I am so sorry sweetie..But there are several things you can do to smell clean and fresh.

Some of us just have different odors that we cannot help. but there are also environmental issues that can cause odor that we can change.

I am going to list as many things as I can think of, and you can choose which ones seem like they might fit...

For example:
Do you have cats? Cats can spray our clothes and leave a very strong odor that we might get used to but others can smell clearly.

Laundry: Do you wear clean clothes every day, and I mean everything...underwear, bra, socks, pants, shirts and jacket.

Bathing Do you bathe before school EVERY morning? Make sure to wash your hair every day, use deodorant, powder, lotion, and good smelling body spray.

Shoes Are your shoes washable? if not, get some that you can wash and do so ofter.

Is your house clean? [A dirty house can leave a dirty smell on us,

Your backpack
Can you wash your backpack and dry it in the sun?
[B]
Teeth Brushed every morning and night

I would also keep yourself a hygiene kit in your backpack. Just get a bag to keep these things with you at school. You can go into the bathroom several times a day and keep fresh.

Deodorant, toothpaste, powder,.light body spray, feminine items, socks, underwear...anything you might need during the day, have a friend check you, and fix anything that may not be fresh,

I hope any of these things will help. If you bathe or shower every morning before school and after p.e, you should smell fine, but it is always nice to have a little hygiene kit with you for those awkward time us women can get.

Best wishes to you...please let me know how it goes, I really don' want this to happen to you again...I am happy to help you if I can. Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
(male)

tomflan HB User
Re: Why do I smell like poop?

Hi there I feel terrible for you i know how hard this is to deal with etc. I think I know what your problem might be its called TMAU you need to get tested from the hospital. I'm waiting for my results back. But you need to get you're family to believe you or it'll be hard to get anything done. My parents can't smell me or for the most part either my friends but it happens. I'm from the UK so I get all the test done for free and I can get it done without my parents. Iknow it'll be a little harder in USA you need your parents help. What are you symptoms and what's the smell exactly. I no what your feeling im here if you need to talk

The Following User Says Thank You to tomflan For This Useful Post:
Sadhu (12-22-2012)
Old 12-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
(male)

Sadhu HB User

I don't know,tmau is associated with fish smells not poop. Although you may be right.

Oil angel does your family smell like this or just you? I ask because a lot of times it comes from the washing machine. I know mine is old and unless I put a ton of dryer air sheets in with the cloths as their drying my clothes come out smelling terrible. Smell your washing machine. If it smells off you have your problem.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
(male)

tomflan HB User

like 60% of people with TMAU don't have and odor associated with fish. Its normally my a garbage smell or poop it varies around there.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
(male)

Sadhu HB User

Ok. You're right. Just what I had heard / read. My bad. Apologies.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
(male)

tomflan HB User

Yess my friend thats why people never get the right diagnoses. Do you have a body odour problem ?

Old 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
(male)

Sadhu HB User

No just from my washer. Was just giving a possible solution based on my own experience. Nothing wrong with some alternative input. That was all it was. Glad you're more experienced.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
(female)

lil angel HB User

Im the only one in family thats smell like poop. Im sure its not my washer because none of my familys clothes or my clothes smells. Ive tried to talk to my parents and they dont listen. Ive talk to my older sisters and she just says its all in my head and my other sister say that i dont smell and that im stupid and crazy for thinking that. Im 100% sure i smell like s*** but my parents doesnt want to help me. Ive ask mother to take to the doctor and she says" what for youre not sick" or " ill make you a doctors appoinment later" but the later never comes. But the #1 excuse she gives me is that we dont have insurance.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
(male)

tomflan HB User

Hi there lil angel I have the same problem. My family cant smell me either most of my friends they become ust to it like me . go on google and type in TMAU testing this is what you have im 99% sure. Its called fish odor syndrome but 60% of people dont smell of fish. Im 19 in college to its hard as hell to deal with this **** but we have to be strong. Mine happens every so often not a constant smell. Like it happens once a day or like 3times it varies.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
(female)

lil angel HB User

Well if i have TMAU how can i get rid of it.

Reply Reply