It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 01:30 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
Post cant get a girl friend

help im a 15 year old lad and still not had a girl friend in all my life

the thing is im very shy and quiet and i think this may have somethin to do with it if you can help me at all post your replies to me thanks

Old 05-28-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

Wildpink HB User
Lol, do not worry. I didnt get a boyfreind until I was 16 and I wasnt in a hurry to get one either. I think if you think about it too much you will end up finding the wrong person. Just forget about it and they will come to you. Why do you need a girlfriend so bad? Is it because of other peers? And also, dont worry about being shy-as you become older you will probably find that it will no longer be an issue and even though you may still be shy, it will become easier to handle-there are shy girls too u know and sometimes u may even find that the loud and open girls often like a shy guy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 05:32 AM   #3
Inactive

Snazzy101 HB User
Aww, most guys are shy in high school. You'll probably outgrow it. When I was in HS, most of the boys never had a girlfriend.

The best advice is to just be yourself. And to realize that HS is not a predictor of how things will go for the rest of your life

Old 06-01-2003, 11:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
i want a girlfreind because i want someone who i can trust love and someone who i can hold onto you know what i mean????

thx for any replies

Old 06-01-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
A relationship will come when you least expect it, 15 is young, there's plenty of time for it.

Old 06-02-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Apollo HB User
Wait until your out of HS, you don't have to deal with many things, including parents, and traveling. If you meet someone in college, there probably really close, if you live in the dorms, and you don't have your parents to tell you how to have a realtionship, and you get to make your own choices.

------------------
Personal Information:
Sex: Male
Sexually active

Old 06-02-2003, 10:54 PM   #7

procharged HB User
Dude, if I were you I would try and stay out of a relationship now. Hang out with your friends, and get with girls hear and there. If you get too serious with a girl, they will most likely ruin your relationship with your guy friends. Most of the fights that occur in my town are because of girls. I've even knocked out my best friends because of one girl I was head over heels for. It's just not worth it.

I'm a shy guy also, but it's got it's positives. Some girls find it as a turn on.

You can find a nice girl to hang out with, and share your feelings with, without being gf/bf. But, just be careful, because it usually leads into that.

Now, if you really want to get a g/f and nothing you're trying is working, then: Change your style of clothing. Try a new hair style. Hang out with some popular guys. Dont act like a bad a$$ and be mean. I've found that some girls like guys who are really nice, but others say they are too nice- go figure.

One thing, that is my prob with getting a g/f, are you picky? I am, and that causes me from getting many g/fs.
Now, i haven't had many g/fs at all, but I know how to get them. It's just i'm extremely picky, and it doesn't help that I live about an hour away from every girl I know. Plus, i've got more important things to worry about, like college, and my truck, hehe.

Sorry about the long post, but good luck.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
ok thx for all of your replies if u have any more suggestions keep them comeing in thanks

Old 06-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #9

mihyita HB User
hi, i'm a 19 yr old girl and my brother, who is 23 didn't have his first girlfriend till he was 21 or so. there is definitely nothing wrong, just be patient, ur young and even if ur shy, that doesn't matter, it'll come when u are prepared for it.
Enjoy life as it is.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:33 PM   #10

funnykid HB User
I am somewhat like that. A big thing for me is my parents. They always want to know what I am doing with girls, and what they are like. I just wish they would back off sometimes

Closed Thread