It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
(male)

lololemonhead HB User
Thumbs down Please Answer/Very Worried

Hello! So for the past 2.5-3 weeks I havent been feeling well. I have been able to carry on with my day, and i havent missed any school! I have had these off and on headaches, quite dizzy, and some times a stomach ache/nausea feeling. My headaches are usually at my temples, or on the front left or right side of my head. I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago when it first started and they treated me for sinunsitis ( i had stuffy sinus then!) and the antibiotic helped a bit but now i am off it and it still hurts. I have been drinking lots of water and maintaing a very healthy diet. Usually after I eat/in the middle of the day I will get this nausea feeling, but it goes away after about 5 minutes or so! I havent puked though! I have been searching the internet trying to figure out what is wrong, and it makes me more worried. I am scared I have a brain bleed or a tumor. I also have been very upset because my friend just got diagnosed with a severe brain tumor. I have also been SUPER stressed out so that could be causing the headaches. I get a good amount of sleep about 9 hours a night. I also asked my mom to bring me to the doctor again and she refuses too because she is a RN and she says I am fine and it is nothing. I use my cell phone and computer a lot so they could be making the headqaches worse? I just really am worried that it is something severe Please answer! Thank you for reading this and have a good day!! ANy thoughts on what this may be??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by lololemonhead; 06-07-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

SisterE HB UserSisterE HB User
Re: Please Answer/Very Worried

Before panicking about having a brain tumor, let's look at some other things that could be causing your symptoms.
When was the last time you had your eyes checked? Vision can get worse gradually, and the effects of migraines, headaches, dizziness, etc. can be caused by eyestrain.

You say your eating a healthy diet, but have you looked at possible food allergies? High amounts of MSG can trigger headaches/migraines, dizziness and nausea in some people. And MSG hides in all kinds of foods!

It could be that you're body is fighting an infection (sinusitis/ear infection) that the antibiotics didn't manage to kill outright and that's why you felt better for a few days and then felt worse again. More and more bacteria are becoming antibiotic resistant. It could also be a viral infection, in which case, antibiotics won't work and you just have to let it run it's course.

If you're feeling nauseaus after you eat, that sounds more like some kind of viral infection. Try eating only bland foods, easy to digest starches, like rice and noodles, and see if that helps with the nausea.

You have my sympathies! My mom is an RN, too, and worked in critical care- If I wasn't bleeding out the ears, in her opinion I wasn't sick! I'd suggest talking to her again, making it clear that you're really worried about your symptoms and that you need her professional opinion, not her Mom opinion.

Closed Thread