It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

bagley777 HB User
Unhappy An Impossible Situation

Hello. Me and my mom have had a really bad relationship for a very long time. I'm not sure what it is, but we just seem to really get at eachother. Which, of course,is normal for moms/daughters, but I feel this is different. My mom has a lot of problems. Mental and physical. Of course, I'm not trying to blame this all on her; but I need to make sure you know the situation. I can simply ask if she knows where my shoes are, and it turns into an argument. A few years ago was when things were at their worst. We would constantly fight and scream at eachother, and it really took a toll on my school work. I didn't realize how stressed and depressed I was at the time. Since then, we've learned to hold back and not escolate things as far, just bicker at eachother. But things are starting to get bad again. I'm a really quiet kid and don't share much as it is; but whenever I do try to talk or share my opinion about something she jumps all over me. She treats me in a way that makes me feel very small, useless, stupid, and unimportant. I can only take so much of this. I've been crying a lot lately. I just started school again and I really don't have time for this anymore. It's causing a lot of stress and makes it difficult to focus on homework. It's taking a toll on my already bad health too, I'm getting a LOT of head and stomach aches. I feel like I'm in an impossible situation. I can't stop talking to my mom and get rid of the source of the stress. I can't talk to her about this because she just gets upset and it makes things worse. I can try all the stress reducing activities I want, but with the constant tension around here, it won't help much. I really just don't know what to do. I feel the situation spinning out of control all over again.
Sorry. this was a bit of a rant. I guess I was venting a little.
Also; I typed this very fast and I know there will be a ton of typos and spelling errors. Sorry!
And lastly; I know a lot of people are going to read this and think it's just normal teen drama and an upse kid. Which may be partly true, but I truly feel I'm in a unique situation. I'm not a normal teen, I'm level headed and rational. My mom isn't a normal mom; she has a long list of mental issues she's on meds for, and a longer list of screwy relationships she caused.

The following user gives a hug of support to bagley777:
Gr8awsomness (08-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: An Impossible Situation

I am very sorry that you are having these problems with your mother. It is hard to know what to advise you to do. For any solution or compromise to work, it must come from both sides. You sound as if you are willing to work on it, but will she? You are not even in a position where you can set boundaries, as they will not be respected. Is counselling a possibility? Does she recognise that she has mental issues? Walking on eggshells all the time is no way to live. Maybe you can get your own counselling on a teen health line or program through school or church. You just need someone in your corner sometimes. I hope you can get help. Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 08-09-2012 at 11:16 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Seraph:
bagley777 (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
(female)

bagley777 HB User

Thanks so much for the reply. I will definetly look into my school's counselling, I've considered counselling before but never thought of my school. If anything at least I can vent a little, get some advice and let off a little steam. I'm not sure my mom is even willing to recognize that there's a problem. Thanks a ton, I was really starting to feel lost.<3

Old 08-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
(male)

Gr8awsomness HB User

I'm having the same problem with my family (my sister and mom) we fight constantly and I dont know what to do. I have ADHD and I try my best to not get mad at them but I know what you're going through its rough and it could be really sad at times but now that we are having therapist come to our house every week we are starting to have more communication around its got a lot better. I will pray for you to get through the rough times and sad times. You have my word.

The following user gives a hug of support to Gr8awsomness:
bagley777 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
(female)

bagley777 HB User

Aw, that is so nice of you. Thank you! I hope one day we can maybe get some therapy. But for now I just have to deal with things the best I can. I'm glad things are getting better for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to bagley777 For This Useful Post:
Gr8awsomness (08-31-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
(male)

Gr8awsomness HB User

Thank you.

Hope you are doing ok

Closed Thread

Tags
relationship issues, stress, teen health