It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
(female)

Sylor HB User
Unhappy ugh!

I'm now 16 years old, I've never dated, never been more than just friends with a guy. I don't think of myself a beautiful (though I have been told otherwise but only by bffs and family), and I go through periods of time where I feel ugly, I have no boobs, I don't have a huge butt, I have minor acne, and I'm short. I sometimes have major anxiety and depressionish moments when I'm alone in my room (I cry in my room so no one will hear me). I have anxiety because I feel like my mom and grandmothers are on the edge of their seats, just waiting for me to have a boyfriend, I feel like a failure to them; I'm afraid that I'm going to end up an old maid without a husband and children. I don't think all of these feeling are over exagerated, but it doesn't help my anxiety when I have people in my classes telling me I should stuff my bra, and I'm annoriaxic or guys telling me that my best friends are drop dead gorgous. I have also dealt with extreme anxiety when I was in sixth grade aand extreme depression in seventh grade, both in result of moving. I just wanted to know if everyone or some people of higher majority deal with this too. Because iI feel like I'm attention diva when I feel bad for myself or cry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
(female)

wenilu HB User
Wink Re: ugh!

Sylor, at age 16 you sound very NORMAL to me. OK, so I'm an "old" woman of 56, but I have a wonderful, normal, beautiful daughter who will be 19 in October. As far as I know she has never had a boyfriend, but she likes boys and goes out on group dates with friends, including boys. She doesn't like being teased about her lack of dating, but takes it in stride and just explains that she's particular, and has high standards, and most boys her age are immature and socially inept. I rather like that answer and I'm in no rush for her to be serious with anyone, but will be supportive whenever it may happen. She is otherwise very well-adjusted and happy, and a very loving girl. We all mature and develop at our own pace. We just need to be satisfied with who we are and strive to be, because despite anything we do or worry about, we change every day. Nature sees to it. Enjoy being young and carefree...it all passes too quickly, trust me! My best to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread