It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

emerald20 HB User
Arrow Pressure to eat... Advice?

Recently, my family is pressuring me to eat more food. They say things like "You need to eat more" or "You are too skinny, gain some weight". I don't want to gain any weight at all, actually i would like to loose some more. I feel confused and stressed-especially since the school year is beginning.
I went to the doctor earlier this week and she also told me that i weigh too little. I am 5' 4.5'' and 92lbs., and i really don't think im too skinny, not even close. I dont know what to tell my family because im afraid they might think i have problems. Any help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Wink Re: Pressure to eat... Advice?

Hi there, sorry you are getting pressured nothing like that. What I'd probably do is look up Weight chart and see where I'm supposed to be and go from there. Now speaking as a parent, sorry, you want to make sure you're getting your nutrients while you're growing and you can at least do that by taking a shake with the nutrients in it or a vitamin. I take a vitamin, keeps it simple. You want to make sure your hair and nails stay nice. I looked at one of the charts and it does say your on the low side. You don't want to look too skinny, honestly. Ask a guy friend or something. But its your body so what you want to do is up to you I just hope you stay strong, those bones can get weak too, forgot about that. good luck, cj.

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
emerald20 (08-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
confused, diet, food, pressure, weight loss