It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

Caitlyn88 HB User
A dark purple pimple

I am a teen with an acne problem. I usually have a lot of acne and lately i have been having more than usual. So I have had a dark pimple for at least 6 months now.... it used to be a normal pimple but after I treated it, it slowly became dark and purple and bump less. I thought it would go away in a couple weeks but here it is, 6 months later. It was really bothering me today when I washed my face, i decided to try to pop it. Which was the worst decision I could have made. I didn't think it would pop, but it did. Instead of puss or anything that came out, it was blood. Not normal light blood that comes out of pimples but dark blood. I wasn't even squeezing it anymore and the blood just kept running down my face. I freaked out and quickly got a tissue cleaning up the blood, but once I stopped the bleeding , it was now a dark hole on my face instead of a dark bumpless spot. Im not sure what to think or do, for i am currently freaking out thinking its going to stay there forever now. Can you tell me what it was, and why it stayed there so long? Also now that i popped it will it be a dent in my face forever, or how do I treat it? thanks a lot!

Last edited by mod85; 09-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: A dark purple pimple

Greetings Caitlyn! Several things can cause such things. A heavy bacterial load, too much sugar and oil or fat, messed up hormones. A dermatologist could help make sure there is no boil if desired. I would not squeeze any of these in the future. If there are other symptoms I might see a naturopathic doctor. I might use more lemons, limes, kiwis, grapefruit oranges, and a wide variety of good fruits nuts grains and vegetables, no meat, no cheese, no junk food no food with additives or preservative, no abnormal substances in the body such as alcohol, drugs, chemicals, tobacco etc. ( I know some youth start early so I would not) and plenty of walking in sunshine and fresh air. I might try to have a regular meal and sleep schedule. I would use at least 50 ounces of water for every 100 pounds of body weight. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 09-16-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: wording

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

clong88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Greetings Caitlyn! Several things can cause such things. A heavy bacterial load, too much sugar and oil or fat, messed up hormones. A dermatologist could help make sure there is no boil if desired. I would not squeeze any of these in the future. If there are other symptoms I might see a naturopathic doctor. I might use more lemons, limes, kiwis, grapefruit oranges, and a wide variety of good fruits nuts grains and vegetables, no meat, no cheese, no junk food no food with additives or preservative, no abnormal substances in the body such as alcohol, drugs, chemicals, tobacco etc. ( I know some youth start early so I would not) and plenty of walking in sunshine and fresh air. I might try to have a regular meal and sleep schedule. I would use at least 50 ounces of water for every 100 pounds of body weight. Peace, sjb
i have the same problem that girl is having its something new its never happened until this year.. i had this knocking sound in my right ear. I decided to pop this dark zit and it felt like cold air hit the back of my throat and pressue released from my ear. What could be the cause for that?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
(female)

mp71 HB User

I would definitely have a Dr make sure it's not a boil or staph. Also there are lots of great ideas on homemade facial cleansers and everything else under the stars on Pinterest. I'd check into it. Maybe something simple can stop the breakouts. Best wishes to you!

Reply Reply

Tags
acne, acne scar, acne treatments, dark