It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

mattpro6 HB User
Unhappy Feeling Alone

this is my first time doing one of these, so please bare with me. I've been feeling really alone lately. I mean, I have a good life, a great one. But sometimes it seems that it's never really enough. Maybe me just beginning high school has triggered this feeling. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it. I don't have very many friends. I used to have a lot, but they have all drifted away from me. They all go to a different school as me now, but last year it seemed as we were inseparable. I go to a magnet school and they go to the school I was going to go to instead of my current school (if that makes sense). So if I wanted to, I could go to the same school as them. But I really don't think thy're the reason for me being unhappy. Plus I can't depend on them for the rest of my life, so what's the point? I just don't feel like I have anyone there for me. Sometimes I just tell myself I'm seeking attention and that's normal for a teenage girl, but I've gone without attention for as long as I can remember (I'm generally a shy person, more of a follower than a leader). Also, my biggest fear is losing people. I can't stand to see people drift away from me. I don't know what to think anymore, I don't feel like i'm the same cheerful person as I was one year ago. Nothing is going my way and I feel like i'm falling apart. Help?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Feeling Alone

I can remember when I started high school I only had a couple of really close friends. But through my classes and meeting the kids whose lockers were near mine and also getting involved in after school clubs I met a lot of new people. You should take advantage of some after school activities because there are so many things that can lead to friendships.

It's hard being your age, people go through a lot of different physical changes at your age that make things seem more intense and upsetting. But I can tell you that it gets better when you go and get involved in things. You'll get busy and find that you won't feel so alone anymore. It's going to be ok, just take some time to find activities that seem interesting and go from there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
crying, depression, hurt, lost