It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

courtney551 HB User
Overactive Brain/ Insomnia?

Hey guys

Sorry if this is a long post

Lately, I've been having trouble getting to sleep. My mind jut won't let me! I will close my eyes but random things will start appearing in my head, such as homework, my old school, songs that won't stop, etc. Usually, I'll go to bed at around 9:30-10 pm, but I'll fall asleep 3 hours later. I'm tired throughout the day and it's really starting to show. I get moody, snapping at my friends and family and now I've stopped interacting with people outside of school.

Half the time I can't sleep is because I will get an idea and my mind won't let me sleep until I've satisfied the idea. It's 1:08 am and I'm writing this because my stupid brain thought it would be a good idea! I've started a new highschool and I get a fair amount of homework now. Right now, I'm sitting here worrying
about homework that was due 2 weeks ago! I've also got some importants tests coming up, which really isn't helping. Also, ive notice that I'm ripping the skin away from my finger tips. It's become a habit but I can't seem to stop. Ive never done it before so I don't know why I'm doing it now.

I want to tell my mom but I'm worried that she'll just brush me away and tell me that I'm being silly. She always thinks that I'm failing at school, bur I'm reality I'm not. I feel like everyone ignores me and no one even borers to listen. Even my best friend ignores me! Now I dont even bother talking to people if I know they won't answer.

Thanks for reading, if you've made it this far and haven't clicked away.

~Courtney

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
brain, insomnia, nervous system