It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Take Levoxyl at Night?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
birchtree
Veteran
(female)

birchtree HB Userbirchtree HB User
Take Levoxyl at Night?

Hello all,
Thinking of taking levoxyl at night rather than morning - I have no thyroid and need to take it (can't tolerate T3 in any form) but currently dealing with CFS/ME (and the adrenal fatigue that goes with it). I'm wondering if it will be easier on my adrenals if I take it at night - thoughts? Any of you switch from am to pm dose of T4, and how did you do?

Me:
Total thyroidectomy 2006 (biopsy negative!)
Dealing with chronic fatigue/epstein barr flair up on and off since 2012
Back in the "day" (circa 2006) I was Birchtree on this board.

By the way, at the risk of jinxing myself, I had a real problem with hair loss when my thyroid problems began - even with periods of heavy loss (afraid to wash my hair!) I never went bald and eventually got some thickness back - so for those of you going through thyroid-related hair loss, here's a bit of hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Take Levoxyl at Night?

Dear birchtree,

Truly I think we must take thyroid hormone replacement in the morning before eating and with water only.

Thyroid hormone helps regulate all other glands. Fatigue is a common low thyroid symptom and thyroid hormone is used up within hours. If we take it at night we are defeating its effect and purpose.

Yeah, hair loss is a typical low thyroid symptom. I had that result myself and still get it if my thyroid levels get too low. My hair regrew with thyroid supplementation, too. Thank goodness, eh?

Last edited by Administrator; 05-19-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Reply Reply