It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Lightbulb friend with a slight cough

i think i saw a post about slight coughing (perhaps on another board), and i was wondering about a
friend of mine who has a dry cough, very slight, that's been investigated all ways to sunday (chest x ray, allergy, etc) ... could she be slightly hypo? she has the usual late middle-age weight problems (but who hasn't?), dry hair and skin (could be post-menopause?), says she feels like there's "something on my chest" (for years now)..

hmmm ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2003, 02:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
Smile

Hi jinglebts
So many premenopausal, or menopausal ladies are hypo, it is well worth getting checked out. The female hormone imbalance is truly helped by progesterone. A lot of ladies find real relief with it.

Thyroid can affect so many things, I can't say if it would affect her cough. My body was totally haywire when severely hypo, though, so i would not rule it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2003, 10:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Talking

i emailed her with the suggestion that she get a TSH/T4 test done at her next examination, and she emailed me back about something entirely other, so who knows ...

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif

Old 04-21-2003, 09:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
Smile

I know what you mean...hardly anyone listens when I suggest that they get their thyroid tested. Or they tell me their doc said it was in the lab range. tsk

Old 04-21-2003, 05:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

i spoke to her today, and she said it wasn't on the list of symptoms, and anyway she didn't want to take any more drugs and it was just a minor cough (been there for two years -- the ALLERGIST said it was post-nasal drip), and ANYWAY she wasn't tired (but she says she's always tired - she has a right to, in a demanding job ) ... and then said she was tired and was going up to have a nap, so go figure ...

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 04-22-2003, 08:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
jinglebts,
Just thought I'd let you know I ran across "coughing, worse at night" on a symptoms list. I can't post the site, it's a commercial, copyrighted one. But the list is a good one...very comprehensive.

It probably won't make a difference to your friend...some people won't hear anything they don't want to.

Old 04-22-2003, 01:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Talking

try as i might, i can't find the site, so i guess she'll just have to go without ...

Closed Thread