It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2003, 03:03 PM   #1
Veteran

wobbly HB User
Unhappy NOW what the heck is wrong with me?

Hi all,
Well, my flare-up is apparently on its last legs...my latest levels were well on the hypo side although I was still experiencing anxiety, tremor, heat intolerance etc. However, I am now back on Synthroid (88 mcg, for about a week) and was feeling better--heart rate in the high 70s to low 80s, normal temp, tremor dissipating, appetite returning. But for some reason I've been so depressed today! I feel like I could just break down and cry. It has been a stressful day, but this is so much more emotion than I would normally feel. Is this wacked-out stuff just part of getting my levels back in line or what? Has anybody gone through these mood swings, and how long did it last?
Thanks,
wobbly

"Gentlemen, nothing's too good for the proletariat!"
--Union organizer "Big Bill" Heywood

Old 06-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Talking

well, hmm, i dunno ... i know that i had to wait what seemed like an eternity for my mood to get better ... a couple of months? six weeks?

i was dX'd at the end of march, but i think i'd been hypo since last spring, and i went thru' the most ghastly depressing dec/jan/feb/mar you could imagine ...

meanwhile, i'm stuck with the same swollen feet i've had for a year ...

i'd go with the "wacked-out stuff just part of getting my levels back in line" if i were you ...

you see, if there's one thing i've learned from this board, it's that ...

... there's always something!!!!! ...

[This message has been edited by jinglebts (edited 06-19-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Isn't it the pits, just when you think you get one thing under control another pops up. I know just how you feel, what the heck is wrong with me now is exactally the way I feel.....often.
I hope you get to feeling better soon, at least you know you can come here and vent, we will listen, we will sympathize, offer advise and we most definalty will understand.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:25 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ellyn HB User
Hi Wobbly
Good to hear from you
As for the emotions I think it will depend on how your body adjusts. I go through what I call the crying jags. I had one yesterday and it justs comes on. Again we have lowered my medication and that affects my emotions. I feel very imbalanced. For me when it comes on I try real hard to get myself busy doing something else. Yesterday I tried real hard but it finally over came me. I have had my far share of cries. Poor Hubby has been so good about it. He actually came home early yesterday.

Old 06-20-2003, 08:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
At least you can cry. I just feel numb/exhausted all the time. I talked to my therapist yesterday and told her that I don't cry. I get ready to, but then I block it out. I think it would be healthy for me to have a good cry, or even a hefty laugh. I just don't have either. This rollercoaster just keeps me feeling numb! :frown:

Old 06-20-2003, 10:36 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ellyn HB User
The numbness I know what you feel. That is how I get after a day of crying. And if I do cry while I'm numb very little tears come if any. Kinda like today. Zombie like and numb. About an hour after I got up I wanted to go back to bed.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:38 PM   #7
Veteran

wobbly HB User
Yeah, it's amazing how it affects your emotions. I had the numbness during my flare-up, but right before it I would cry at the drop of a hat. I'm sort zoney and blah today, but that could be the weather--it's been raining here for ever. Anyway, I'm not quite as depressed as yesterday. I just hope soon I'll be able to wake up and KNOW who I'm gonna be and how I'm gonna feel. As they say, "This too shall pass."
Thanks for the support!
-wobbly

"Gentlemen, nothing's too good for the proletariat!"
--Union organizer "Big Bill" Heywood

Old 06-20-2003, 03:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Talking

if i assume correctly, you were hypER and are now becoming more hypO and so are improving -- i'm hypO, and depression was a tremendous problem for me, and still is a bit if my levels go just a little off ... perhaps you're becoming a little hypO??? this is such a tricky business!

you know, a couple of years ago when i was happily on paxil, i couldn't cry for the life of me -- didn't even cry at mum's funeral -- but now, i blub all the time, at anything (my daughter's best friend's wedding invitation comes to mind -- i got it a couple of days ago and blubbed for half an hour )

what i really hate is the stiffness/pain when i get up in the morning -- don't know why it's there, and don't know if it will EVER go away ...

ah well, these things were sent to try us!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Closed Thread