It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 07:41 PM   #1

blahblah118 HB User
Post quick question

ive been reading through all these posts, and i just got more blood tests done because my doctor originally thought i was anemic and now he thinks i have a thyroid problem. i have alot of the symptoms that i have noticed here - always being tired, slight/moderate hair loss, always being cold, anxiety and panic attacks (i have a constant fear that something is really wrong with my health), also in the last two weeks i have had a dull headache in the same place almost everyday (i dont usually get allergies, so im not sure why)..i dont however have any weight gain or loss. i eat pretty decently and i work out and i dont really loose or gain weight. ive noticed a slight weight loss since i started working out, but not as much as what i think a normal person with my diet/exercise regime would be. i know i get my results on monday, but its driving me nuts - does it seem like i could have a thyroid problem? or could it be something else?

[This message has been edited by blahblah118 (edited 08-08-2003).]

Old 08-08-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Yes, it could definitely be thyroid.
You don't have to have every single symptom of thyroid disease, which number in the dozens. I have not had weight gain either, but like you, find that even with additional vigorous exercise, I can lose only 3-4 pounds at most.

Consider yourself very fortunate to have a doctor who actually investigates thyroid as an issue without your having to beg him to. Most of the time, they only want to treat each symptom with a separate drug. Or worse, tell you it's all in your head.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 10:43 AM   #3

blahblah118 HB User
thanks so much for your reply. i am very lucky with my doc-ive had him since i was a baby and hes so great.

Old 08-09-2003, 08:15 PM   #4

blahblah118 HB User
Thumbs down

62 views and only one person could offer any type of input boooo

Old 08-10-2003, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by blahblah118:
62 views and only one person could offer any type of input boooo
Keep in mind it is the weekend and a lot of the posters don't visit the boards too much on weekends, and not everyone that views knows enough to offer advice, a lot are like you, looking for answers, so don't boo us, we need time off too.

It is possible that you have a thyroid problem, without seeing the test results and ranges noone can say for sure, you do have some symptoms, anxiety and panic attacks seem to be one thing a lot of people with thyroid problems complain about, as well as weight gain, but that is not the case in everyone, some never gain weight. One symptom that seems to be mutual amoung most people with thyroid is fatigue or weakness.

Post your results with the lab ranges when you get them, board members will be happy to help you figure them out as most docs don't explain them too well, sometimes docs will say your results are "normal" when infact the numbers are a little off within the range and can cause symptoms.

Good luck.

Old 08-10-2003, 08:15 AM   #6

blahblah118 HB User
hehe i was just teasing about the "boo" but thanks for you input and ill be sure to post my results when i get them

Closed Thread