It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2003, 07:35 PM   #1

Joyce54 HB User
Red face Alcohol causing burning feet

I was recently diagnosed with Hashis with a TSH of 20. For two years, my feet have been burning. Drs. think I was positive for antibodies way before the TSH took off. Antibodies came in at 193.

Does anyone have a problem with burning feet? I read on this forum that hypos have a build-up of lactic acid and I was wondering if alcohol intake with a build-up of lactic acid could cause this?

Granted my feet hurt all the time....especially the toes. The burning seems to be brought on by shoes, socks or alcohol.

Recently I ate at a Chinese restaurant and my feet started to burn. I asked the waiter and sure enough, he told me that the chicken dish I was eating was cooked in rice alcohol.

Too bad I wasn't around during prohibition.......maybe I could have made some $$$$$ from this crazy disorder.

Talk back and thanks.
Joyce

Old 07-23-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
I've had that burning feet sensation for years. I have no clue what causes it. I am hypo though. I've had problems with lactic acid buildup in muscles when I have been lifting weights. I don't drink alcohol, so I don't see any connection to alcohol and burning feet. My right foot has that feeling right now. It doesn't always affect both feet at same time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2003, 09:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Theory: Alot of people are borderline dehydrated and even a little bit of alcohol adds to that. It also distracts your liver from changing T4 to T3.

You are supposed to drink an ounce of water a day for every two pounds you weigh. I have noticed when I do this, it really helps my feet. It took about a month of drinking enough to really help though.

Old 08-11-2003, 06:00 AM   #4
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
A deficiency in vitamin b1 (thiamin) can cause burning feet. You might want to look it up.

Closed Thread