It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 04:46 PM   #1

diamondgal HB User
Post tsh level

any comments? my last tests are tsh 1.08 (.40-5.5) t4 total 6.6 (3.8-12.0) t3 total 143 (60-181) i went from .088 synthroid to armour 90 mg and a 15 later in the day (6 months ago) i know the free levels are the best but this is the only dr. i could find who will prescribe armour or should i keep looking??? i feel like a different person on armour thanks

Old 08-11-2003, 07:39 AM   #2

kael HB User
Talking

Hi. You are right, as everyone says here the free ranges tell alot more than the totals - but your TSH level looks good. Is there some reason your doctor won't check your free levels?

Anyhow, I think with a good TSH like you have, the real question for you is how are you feeling - it sounds like you feel good. Do you have any other concerns?

Hugs,
Kael

------------------
Practice Compassion...Heal The World

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 01:38 PM   #3

diamondgal HB User
thank you for your reply, i had a call from the dr. lab my tsh is now 0.86 so i guess that is the reason i feel so good - it took 6 months to go from 4 to 0.86. the dr. does different tests each time and i didn't know what to expect since i was on synthroid and changed to armour. np

Old 08-11-2003, 03:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
You can request the tests you want done, I would recommend that you do the free tests as well as TSH, you can have a perfectly normal TSH but if the free test numbers are out of range or in the wrong area of the range you will feel it.

T4 free and T3 free are the active thyroid hormones that are in the blood. TSH is put out by your pituitary.

Just keep that in mind for the next time you get bloodwork done, sometimes it can make a big difference.

Closed Thread