It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

kcgal HB User
Post Question

I have recently came across this board and I have question. I had RAI done about 6 years ago after that I was put on Synthroid and felt horrible on per my request the doctor put me on Levoxyl after being on that for several years I have finally felt better expecpt for a few symptom's that have never went away. I feel 80% on Levoxyl put not 100%. I have been noticing people talk about Armour and I want to ask my doc about trying it. Has anybody that has made the switch felt better. I'm really looking for any info on Armour anybody has. Does the doc have to write a pres for it? I assume yes.

If you have made it this far thank you

Kc Gal

Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Kcgal - I switched to Armour almost 6 weeks ago. I too had RAI about 6 years ago, felt pretty good for about three years, then downhill ever since. They tried me on Levoxyl and Synthroid at many different doses. I pretty much demanded Armour because I just wasn't going to live that way anymore. I noticed immediate improvement in my mind/spirit/emotions and my aches started going away, my body temp rose to normal, my eyebrows are growing back and on and on. I will say that it has been two steps forward one back. I have had an amazing number of weird side effects that I think are just my body dealing with finally getting some T3. Major joint aches in hands and knees, shooting pains oh everywhere, a dull headache, eyes felt weird, acid reflux, lump in my throat(and I don't have a thyroid). The list is endless. But mostly that's all been very brief and is gone now. I don't think I'm on the right dose yet, but after my dr. very reluctantly wrote me a prescription, I've been raising the dose myself. He knew I was going to bump it up, but I've went as high as I'm going to without a blood test. I'm on 180mg. My appointments next week and now I have to bully him into doing a free T3,T4, which he doesn't normally do. Compared to how I felt on the synthetic thyroid, I am about 900% better. The ratio of T3 to T4 in the Armour does not work for some people, but I think it's definitely worth a try. Good Luck, IWL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread