It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #1

AloneinAZ HB User
Post I started with Hyer now am Hypo

It seems that I have been on medication all of my life. I stated takeing medication in the 50's and have had to be on it since. I was diagonsed as being hyperactive thyroid and when I finally had a child at age 30 it all reversed. Now I'm hypothyroid. I can't believe how much information is on this board. I have eyelashes falling out now too. I also have had bad neck and shoulder pain for the past several years. My doctor had said that I am on an appropriate level of medication. I get checked every year.Has anyone else started with hyperthyroid?

[This message has been edited by AloneinAZ (edited 08-10-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 12:38 AM   #2

tinypoms HB User
You are not alone in AZ. I am here too. I am in Gilbert. Right now I am hyper. I am taking too much Armour and have lowered it 3 days ago. I still feel hyper. I might have to lower it again. This is a horrible disease. We have to watch it so carefully. I had a thyroidectomy in 2001 and that made me hypo. If you ever want to talk, my e-mail address is in my profile. You can find it at the top.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 07:32 AM   #3

AloneinAZ HB User
Cool

Thank you, I will contact you. Does the medication really help you? I'm on Synthroid I know it helps some. But I still feel sore and tired all the time. I am still loosing eyelashes and my nails are a mess. My doctor does not seem to think any of this is related to my thyroid problem. She said thatI am just getting older and accept it. I don't want to accept it. AloneinAZ

Old 08-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #4

tinypoms HB User
I didn't feel better until I was taking T3. At the time it was Cytomel. I felt great on the Armour until I took too much.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
Alone-
I think it was insensitive of your doctor telling you that you are getting older and get over it. Getting older can change your body, but is more of a process. You are in tune with your body and know that something is not right. Keep searching for answers and possibly a new doctor. Good luck to you. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Closed Thread