It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #1

Dufus HB User
Question just arrived here! Result help?

Hi again:@)
was just wondering if anyone can interpret my results? I only got the two this time but i'm already more informed and will ask for the T3 and uptake tests next time i go.
T4: 13.6 pmol/L (ref range 9.0-20.0)
TSH: 1.8 mU/L (ref range 0.4-5.5)
I've been told i'm hypothyroid and started taking low level thyroxine a week ago, but at the moment i feel more tired and depressed? Normal?
Thanks Dufus :@)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Yes, normal, you won't really feel results from the meds until you have taken them for 4 to 6 weeks, it takes time so don't get discouraged. If after 6 weeks you feel no better or feel worse, then you may need a dose change or even a med brand change.

Is the T4 test just a T4 or a free T4? Next time you get blood work be sure they do the free T4, free T3 and TSH.

Hope your feeling great in 4 to 6 weeks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 11:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Divermon HB User
Dufus... this is really hard I know, but hang in there. I didn't feel ANY difference for a couple of weeks, and then, only very slightly better each week. I also had a lot of ups and downs.

I became Hypothyroidic very suddenly, in early May, this year, and now, a full three months later, I'm maybe at 85%.... that is, if I stay up there.

Here are some additional suggestions that seemed to help me....Make sure you don't over do. Get rest. Eat well, preferably several smaller meals. Don't go too long without eating something. DO take multi-vitamins, containing Selinium.

At the point I started taking a good multi-vitamin again, I noticed a significant improvement. But the timing might be coincidental.

Hope that helps - good luck over the next month or so.

Closed Thread