It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Post Joonbug

Did the bats get you? Are you feeling better? Hugs, IWL

Old 08-14-2003, 03:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Has anyone seen Joonbug?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #3

Joonbug HB User
Hey IWL! I missed you. I wasn't on yesterday because we got hit with the "Rolling Blackouts" from the New York Plant.
I have my step daughter this week~ they should have a message board just for that alone! She is 7 going on a very bossy 16. Soooooooo I have been a little busy.
But I have hopped on here and looked for you on occasion.

I have been on Armour 75mg daily for a week now....temp was up to 98 and has subsequently dropped x2 days to 97.4. **Do you find you temp fluctuates alot? I truly thought I was regulated and then it dropped....do you think I need to up my dose again? Let me know what you think. Also do you find yourself ummm grouchy or short tempered on this med at all? I keep waiting for it to pass and hasn't yet.

You know what is so funny~ My husband decided to take his temps in the morning also...and we found out his temps are lower than mine....96.2 He doesn't have any symtoms of hypothyroidism though(other than being tired but he has been working alot) but just as a
precaution, he started taking some naturopathic thyroid medicine....we are going to see which one works the best.

Hope you're having a good day and feeling well.

Hugs xoxox

PS no more bats~yipee!

Old 08-15-2003, 11:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Joonbug, So did the grouchiness start when the 7 year old showed up. Yes the Armour has done some emotional stuff. When I was so sick from being hypo, I really didn't have emotions, was kind of flat. When I first started Armour, I was almost euphoric(sp?) for a couple of weeks, then I had a weepy spell no one knows about(I hide). AND THEN I got REALLY REALLY CRABBY , which isn't like me at all. Fought with my husband for the first time in 3 years(last fight March of 2000). That lasted about a week, boy did I feel mean. After that my(okay I'm trying to figure out a good clean way to put this)lovin' feelings came back dramaticly. Thunderous applause, crowds cheering, no wait, that was just my husband. Anyway, I've been amazed at what a strong role thyroid imbalance can play emotionally. When I was hypo, I knew I was flat; I really missed me, but had no clue how to get me back. I have welcomed the rollercoaster of feelings, bad and good. It is a great thing to feel. I had to resist the impulse to stop strangers on the street and tell them I'm baaack! Okay I'll stop now.

About the temperature thing. Mine went up a little each day right at first, then when I needed to increase meds, it kind of fluctuated, but now it's between 97.8 and 98.4 which is a big jump from 96. I think I still need another increase because some symptoms are coming back, but I have a dr. appt. this Wed. and I think he's going to freak over the 180mg; plus I'll be getting a blood test and I've been on this amount for about 3 weeks, so don't want to tamper with results. Remember your temp changes some with your cycle too. I would probably wait for another week and increase your meds just a little and see how you feel. In the meantime, don't bite anyone too hard. Hugs, IWL

Closed Thread