It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 12:45 AM   #1

Edda HB User
Post First timer

So glad to find this site. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago after so long time not knowing what was going on with myself. Thougth I was the most lazy person in the world and considering sleeping for 18-24 hours per day that's mabey not so strange assumption.
I was so happy to hear the doctor finally say that I had some hypothyroidism what ever that was?????? and I only had to take some pills every day and I'd be fine. Could it get any better? Well 4 years later I still don't feel "fine" .
Good to know it's not that strange and it does take time to get well. Was starting to think I'd never get there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 04:30 AM   #2
(female)

samrhett2 HB User
I'm kind of new here too. But why don't you post your test scores here, if you have them. If you don't have them try to get them. Also be sure to get not only your test results, but the lab ranges. Also, post the meds you are on and how long you have been on them. These guys are pretty smart and will be able to tell you some things about them and what they mean.
I have been treated for hypo for over a year, but still don't feel good and am starting to understand why because of this board. Good luck and keep reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Welcome,
Are you on a T4 only med? You may need a T4 T3 combo and you may just need a different brand of meds, not all meds are alike and everyone reacts differently to meds, some may feel well on one brand whereas another person may feel terrible on it.

Do get copies of all your blood work, this is always a good idea because if you switch docs at any time you already have all your blood work and don't have to try to get them from the previous doc (some docs don't like to transfer records). If you want, post the results along with lab ranges.

Also be sure to get a T4 free and T3 free as well as TSH when you get bloodwork, the free tests tell much more about how your thyroid is functioning, and be sure not to take your meds prior to bloodwork, if you take meds in the morning and get bloodwork in the morning don't take your meds till after the blood is drawn.

Good luck to you.

[This message has been edited by dea4 (edited 08-14-2003).]

Old 08-15-2003, 02:09 PM   #4

Edda HB User

Thanks.
Had my blood drawn this morning so it was good to learn that you shouldn't take your meds prior to that. Have always been told it doesn't matter. So when I get the resaults I'll put them here for advices.

Closed Thread