It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2003, 06:35 PM   #1

CrazyKitty HB User
Post They keep testing me.

Is this normal?

I was tested and it came back Hyper. They wanted to test me again. It came back Hyper. I went to an endo and he didn't think I had a real problem because my complaints were all symptoms of HYPO. He said I probally had a cold when I took the first 2 tests so he tested my TSH and T4free for a 3rd time!!!!! It again came back Hyper.

Each time my TSH level comes back around 0.020

So today he sent me in for a "T3 Total" I think it was called. I got very upset going into the lab. This test easily could have been taken any of those other times. But everybody wants to keep retesting me for the exact same thing.

I had a major panic attack in the lab. The tech had to take the rubber tie off my arm and I had to walk away. I thought I was going to throw up. It was terrible.

Is this normal? Or do I have bad doctors.

[This message has been edited by CrazyKitty (edited 08-06-2003).]

Old 08-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #2

Sparklingclovee HB User
Can't offer any help, just letting you know that you are not alone. I am going through somewhat the same experience..first doctor, level comes back low, he wants to send it back again, comes back the same..he wants to do a whole new draw and send to a different lab....I decide to go back to my ob since i did have a baby six months ago....level comes back low, he wants me to go see an endo, I do, he doesn't want to do any blood draws, thinks more than likely my hormones are still off from the pregnancy..which is very possible, didn't have these problems after my other two pregnancies....the endo does want me to come back at the end of August...they must think babysitters are a dime a dozen, and money grows on trees.....three doctors later, still no answers, and I still don't feel right...I hope you find some answers and better help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2003, 09:24 PM   #3

CrazyKitty HB User
thanks sparkling, sometimes I get even more upset when i reach out and noone responds - so thanks for responding.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:43 AM   #4

quietlamb HB User
Kitty,

You are not alone. Trust me. I have gotten to the point where I am just like why dont you just put an IV in me and draw a bag, you can do all the studies you want with it.. Just keep the dern IV in so you will stop puttin holes in me.

Plus just the frustration that they keep testing and testing and testing and you are not getting any answers that in itself is stressful..

Dr. say to keep your stress level to the min. How can you keep it low, if the dr. dont know what is going on, or doing.. which sometimes I wonder if they do know what they are doing, instead of just practicing and pretending they do.

My dr. has flat out told me, he doent understand what is going on. But he hasnt given up yet. Now me on the other hand is different. LOL

Keep your chin up. It has to get better!

Old 08-11-2003, 05:01 AM   #5

ANNETTE H HB User
Lightbulb

Hi! Yes,we have all gone thru pretty much the same thing! Generally to start out on any meds lab work is done frequently. With Synthroid it's like every 3 months until balance returns. It looks to me after reading from this great site that the real question seems to be WHY? Why don't the doctors we see know more about US? The last doctor I saw asked what my symptoms were. When I stared to explain he stopped me and said he just needed to know those related to the Hypo-T.(My husband and I go with each other to the doctor.)My husband knows more about the connections between the TSH/T3/T4 and the whole body than these doctors seem to know! He says it is obvious to him that the old "IT'S A WOMAN THING" is still alive,but sick,and in control! "Stick" in there. There is support everywhere! Just mention Thyroid in a crowd and watch what happens! You are in good company and our group, thru this site will grow strong enough to support itself and all those yet to come!

[This message has been edited by ANNETTE H (edited 08-11-2003).]

Old 08-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User
I'm sorry but I had to laugh at your post crazykitty. Ok have stop laughing enough to type again. Is this doctor like going for two out of three or something. I not no doctor but I think Hmmmmmm the odds are you are HYPER! Now he needs to find out WHY! Or better yet find a new doctor!

Old 08-16-2003, 10:53 AM   #7
(female)

SouthernTemptress HB User
What's wrong with your doctors? Are they in this much disbelief that you are hyper or something??? I mean COME ON! They should start you on a treatment now instead of debating over more and more redundant tests!

Closed Thread