It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 06:18 PM   #1

renall HB User
Post help,this is driving me crazy

hi, i,m new to posting but not reading. i've been going to my doctor now for almost a year now with my problems and she is just now thinking that a thyroid test would be in order. this is what i've got.
-i have many, many muscle pains-left side of my neck, front side between neck and shoulder, pain between my shoulder and elbo,my arm tingles, and sometime my finger tips will go numb if i,m using them alot.i don,t sleep well,waking up 2-3 times before morning. also they say that i have asthma but i have a hard time believing this, a lot of the times when i lay down at night i feel as if i,m not using all the breath i have, almost like i have to really breath in hard to feel as if i breath well.but if i suck on mental drops or use nose inhaler i breath a lot better.
also my legs hurt so much when i wake up in the morning that i can barley stand on them to walk.my doctor has run a lot of test and can't seem to understand what is making me hurt so bad.she did a cpk test and my muscle enzyems were a little elavated.today she did a chlestrol,thyroid and test for a few other things. Does this sound like i might have trouble with my thyroid... thanks wanda
i also forgot to mention that i can be doing normal stuff and then all of a sudden i feel so tired almost like if i don,t sit down righ then i might just die. but when i do sit down after about 5-10 minutes i'm up and ready to work again. i'm also on lexapro for dep/ant. ------------------

[This message has been edited by renall (edited 08-15-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Hi Wanda, Welcome. As you probably know from reading, alot of your symptoms fit with hypo. There is even a thread on here about people having trouble breathing. I am pretty sure if you've been hypo for very long, you tend to stop breathing correctly. When you get your results from your thyroid tests, post them and someone will help you interpret. Meanwhile, if you're not already; start taking selenium 200mg, a really good B-complex, calcium and magnesium. I'm convinced the magnesium really helped with my muscle pain. Keep reading. This is a good place to learn how to help yourself. Good Luck, IWL

Old 08-16-2003, 07:24 PM   #3

renall HB User
IWL thinks for the reply. i'm gonna try and find this thread about the breathing. i'm thinking maybe this is it becaus most of my breathing problems started the same time my muscle aches did, thanks once again,,,wanda

Closed Thread