It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 03:18 AM   #1

DeadPaladin HB User
Post do my symptoms sound familiar?

As i posted 2 days ago i'm at the starting point of hypo with a tsh of 5.6 and T3 T4 FT3 FT4 at normal ranges...My thyroid is larger by 50-80 mms each lobe adn i 'm having anxiety and sometimes i 've had panic attacks...
My symptoms for many months now are :
Headaches,difficulty in concentrating,hot flashes,my neck feels like it's gonna blow,i feel my thyroid is swallen badly,fast heart beat,pains in the chest,difficulty breathing,difficulty slepping and keep up sleeping,feeling of pressure in my ears ...especially when i am sitting and get up ..,nervousness,i am tired all the time...i cant move or talk from times to times...sometimes if my anxiety is rising i have a feeling that i m passing out...when i am at the stage of falling asleep i feel something like a hot flash in my chest and i have to wake up and breathe deep to feel better and this thing comes and goes so many many times until i fall asleep.
With all these my mood for doing enything is lost ...
I really have no clue what this is all about ...is it anxiety dissorder is it depression ?? Is my thyroid to blame...
I m a real wreckage and as many of you replied at my last topic ..hypo can cause panic attacks anxiety dissorders and depression...
I am not on meds (T4) because of a panic attack i've had on the first day of medication but on this stage that i feel so sick ...so tired and so anxious all the time i think i m gonna start all over from the beggining with the blood tests and medication...

Has anyone of you had any similar symptoms?

------------------
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 03:19 AM   #2

DeadPaladin HB User
oopps i forgot...two weeks nopw i have some sort of digestive dissorders ...sometimes diarhoia sometimes pains in my abdomen ... i really feel like hell everyday...

------------------
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Old 08-17-2003, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

Lithiate HB User
Your symptoms all sound familiar... Especially the anxiety. I'm having an anxiety problem right now, actually! Yes, those are all hypo symptoms, so no, you're not "weird". LOL.

For me, my worst symptom is anxiety. Everything else seems like a cakewalk compared to when I get these long waves of anxiety that seem to hit about a week or so after my period. I don't know whether it's really tied into my thyroid or if it's something else, but it's gotten a lot better since being on medication (first Levothroid, now Armour). Instead of having constant anxiety every day all the time for weeks and months on end, it comes on for a few days and then disapates. I feel pretty crappy right now, but I'm sure in a few days I'll be back to "normal" again.

I've heard some people have panic-attack like symptoms from T4 meds like Synthroid/Levothroid/Levoxyl, but you shouldn't have had that bad of a reaction after only one day! My guess is that it wasn't the meds, but your body. Stick with the meds for several weeks to get a good level in your system and then see if things don't improve. I know that when I first started my tiny dose of Levothroid back in March, by the end of the week I felt like a million bucks. Of course, a few weeks later, my body got used to the small dose and I started to bottom-out again... But those meds REALLY make a difference.

Also, some things that I've noticed really helping me with the anxiety is to cut out caffienne entirely from my diet. I've been bad in the last month and started drinking a lot of Coke and coffee (I've got a bad addiction to Vanilla Coke!) and whenever I start drinking lots of soda and coffee, sure enough, my anxiety problems start to get worse. I'm back to weaning myself off caffienne all over again...

Also, cutting out junk food has helped too. As has making sure I eat regularly and as soon as I feel hungry. I'm really bad about this... Usually I get so consumed by a project that I'll forget to eat, or I'll put it off until I'm starving and then go swing by McDonalds and not eat more than once or twice a day as a result. If I'm hungry, my anxiety gets terrible (sometimes I wonder if I'm not hypoglycemic), and if I eat starchy foods, it brings me down all right... Crashing down! It's awful, but I keep doing it to myself because I'm lazy.

Anyway, I'm just writing to let you know that I sympathise and your symptoms are pretty normal for hypothyroid people. Hope you feel better soon!

Old 08-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #4
Inactive

roni624 HB User
What is the difference between panic attacks, anxiety attacks, and nervous breakdown? I have been diagnosed hypo and I have been experiencing weird moods. I am very irritable and grumpy. I have almost every symptom as the original poster. I wonder if this is all brought on because of my thyroid.-Roni

Old 08-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
(female)

Lithiate HB User
I think the difference between "anxiety" and "panic attacks" is that anxiety is a more drawn out, often subtle feeling of things being or about to be horribly wrong in some way. A panic attack is a sudden feeling of "fight or flight" that takes a hold of a person without any warning and usually subsides quickly. I like to think of anxiety as a long, drawn out panic attack.

Which I am experiencing as we speak. It sucks so bad...

Old 08-17-2003, 05:07 PM   #6

ANNETTE H HB User
Lightbulb

Hi. The Armour should provide you with the T3 you need to cut down on the anxiety. How long have you been on the Armour? Sometimes it takes a while to get balanced.Sometimes with Synthroid they add Cytomel(T3)and sometimes switch over to Cytomel altogether. There are lots of ways to go,WE just keep tring to feel good for more than a day at a time(although sometimes a day is good!)My new "friend" is the book Thyroid Power by Karilee & Richard Shames. Easy to follow and a good starting place!Then read as many as you can to get the right info for yourself. Make sure that you take you meds just as ordered. After 26 years I have just learned how to take my Synthroid. So many things can mess up the absorption of the Synthroid, you may not be getting much if any into you cells. Stay with it,like I say your in good company!

[This message has been edited by ANNETTE H (edited 08-17-2003).]

Closed Thread