It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User
Question Plantar Fasciitis

Someone mentioned here on the board that "Plantar Fasciitis" can be a cause of low thryoid. I found this on the internet about plantar fasciitis:

The first health care provider you should see is your family Doctor for a complete medical examination because plantar fasciitis may be a symptom or a warning of health disorders in other parts of your body. If your diagnosis is plantar fasciitis you may be referred you to a Podiatrist, Physiotherapist or Chiropractor depending on your individual circumstances.

Common plantar fasciitis tests are:
diabetes, degenerative joint diseases, lupus, fibromyalgia, ms, arthritis, lymes disease, parasites, vitamin B12 and C deficiency, thyroid levels, mercury toxicity, candida, adrenal deficiency, structural stress fractures and bone spurs.

This is very interesting to me because I have plantar fasciitis (it's much better now) which started when I started having thryoid problems.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

The Following User Says Thank You to dlkk For This Useful Post:
GrannyAndy (05-29-2012)
Old 08-17-2003, 10:55 AM   #2
(female)

all things HB User
About 2 months ago, I developed plantar fasciitis in both feet, with the left being considerably more debilitating than the right. Two weeks later, I coincidentally had my first appointment with an alternative medicine MD. He started me on some supplements, and we awaited the many test results to come in. My diagnosis was hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, CFS, heavy metal toxicity, and many low minerals. I was started on high doses of C, B12, B complex, amino acids, liver detoxification and many other things. I'm elated that the plantar fasciitis is almost gone.

Thank you for your post. The right supplements definately work, and I was delighted to find this out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
I was successfully treated for plantar fasciitis seven years ago, long before I had a clue about the thyroid issues I probably had too. I got relief with anti-inflammatory meds and shoe inserts, and I haven't had any heel pain since then. If it was caused by hypoT, at least it didn't seem to require thyroid meds as treatment.

Closed Thread