It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 08:41 AM   #1

kael HB User
Unhappy 'adrenalin rushess'

A couple of you have mentioned that you've had adrenaline rushes during your sick times. I too am experiencing that - but mine happen in the early morning (like 3:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.) and they literally wake me up every 15 minutes sometimes. It makes my chest feel funny - though my heart isn't really beating too fast, it almost feels more like it's fluttering (and it's more than a few palpitations because I've had those all my life). I'm wondering if this is adrenal related, thyroid related, heart related???

Did anyone else's rushes wake them from sleep? I don't get them during the day at all - why would that be?

Hugs,
Kael

------------------
Practice Compassion...Heal The World

Old 08-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Is what you experience like a full feeling in your throat in combination with a kind of fluttering in the chest? If so, I have experienced this most of my life and I do not have any heart problems - good EKG's and cholesterol, etc.

I actually kind of like that strange, out-of-the-ordinary feeling!

Peregrine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 12:41 PM   #3

kael HB User
No - not the same thing. This is not pleasant at all and it is keeping me from sleeping. It is the feeling like when you are just starting down the track from the top of the highest rollercoaster drop - literally. It feels funny in my chest and stomach.

------------------

Old 08-17-2003, 03:43 PM   #4
(female)

Lithiate HB User
I've experienced that, too, but usually along with anxiety. It wakes me up at night and happens throughout the day as well.

Old 08-17-2003, 04:32 PM   #5

kael HB User
Yes, I hear alot of people equating all of this with anxiety, but I have never experienced anything like this in all my 40 years. And when it wakes me, I have been asleep - even dreaming about something pleasant - and I do not feel anxious or nervous at all, in fact it takes me a minute or so to realize what has happened - as soon as I'm awake, it's gone. Is that really anxiety? Anxiety over what????

K

------------------

Old 08-17-2003, 05:43 PM   #6

DeadPaladin HB User
i must say that the feeling i used to have months ago was exactly like this ...
I woke up in the middle of my sleep because of a heat like wave starting from my heart's level at my chest and comin all the way to my neck and head.Sometimes started from my stomach ...it would last about 10 secs and always i was in the need of a deep deep breathe in order to feel good.
Well...1 month now that my anxiety is at high levels this thing came back but it came worse than before..
It wont let me sleep no mater how tired and exhausted am i...
If it starts it can keep on for hours...and wont let me sleep...
I called my psych and mentioned what is happening and she told me ....that i have to be just patient ...it's one of the most typical symptoms of anxiety and it cant hurt me so that i should go immediately to a hospital...
That's all i can say to you...I hope i 'm talking about the same thing you mentioning and that my reply helps you somehow...

------------------
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Old 08-17-2003, 07:20 PM   #7
(female)

JaneM HB User
I have experienced this feeling, and I have to say it scares me out of my wits! In fact, this strange feeling was the reason I visited the doctor in the first place where it was discovered I was hypo. I don't know what causes it, but it does relieve my mind to find others have it too.

When my Synthroid was keeping my levels in line, the rollercoaster chest feelings started to go away. Over the past couple of months, I started feeling odd again, which led me to believe my thyroid was off. Tests were taken and my current numbers are not within the new range -- however, my doctor will not up my dosage.

I really cringe with these episodes. Mine are not brought on by anxiety, but I do become somewhat anxious after it happens because it's so disarming. May times they hit at night just as I am about to nod off. I had wondered if maybe my blood pressure had suddenly dropped, since it is always low. I never thought of it as being an adrenaline rush, so I'll have to look into that.

It has been close to two weeks since my last strange feeling, and I am wondering if the Selenium I started a couple of weeks ago is helping. Thanks for the information on Selenium to the wise people here! From reading here, it sounded like something I could try to bring my numbers back in line since my soon-to-be-ex-doc would not approve a Synthroid dosage increase.

I may have taken the long way around, but what I really wanted to say is that you are not alone.

Old 08-17-2003, 07:30 PM   #8

kael HB User
Talking

Jane - you're awesome! Yes, I get that you understand the feeling exactly - and I too don't have them all the time. One night I sleep better, the next night I have 4 hours of rollercoasters - and I agree with you totally - they are completely disarming!!!

I am also searching for a new doctor - this is complicated stuff and unless they have experienced what we have, it is so easy to brush us off!

Best of luck to you - and keep us posted. Thanks for your support - it means alot to know someone else gets this too - and we won't die from it!!!

Hugs,
Kael

------------------

Old 08-18-2003, 08:04 AM   #9

kael HB User
Talking

Hi - Boy, I'm having a huge laugh at myself right now!!!! Did you all check out how I spelled rushes in the post title???

Okay - it's a new symptom of thyroid troubles....

POOR SPELLING!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Kael

------------------

Closed Thread