It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Question hypo-irregular heartbeat

Hello,

I am going through a hypo period right now (getting ready for RAI). The last couple days I have been having a weird sensation in the upper part of my chest up to the bottom part of my neck. It's kind of a feeling of fullness. Anyway, I started checking my pulse and listening to my heartbeat with a stethascope and it is somewhat irregular. It will beat regular for awhile and then it will either speed up for a few seconds or really slow down for a few seconds.
Could this be caused from being hypo?

Thanks,
Hilery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User
Yes being hypo can cause palps and irregular heartbeat....also, being magnesium deficient will cause this. Take at least 600mg's of mag a day, divided into 2 or 3 doses. Don't take it all at once. Magnesium is famous for stopping palps, angina, irregular heartbeat, plus it is nature's relaxant and directly works on the muscles, including the heart muscle.

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 10:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Marilyn,
Thanks for your help! Do you know if it is ok to take a magnesium supplement while on the low iodine diet for RAI?

Closed Thread