It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 03:23 PM  

ringbearer HB User
Question Home again & ? to Meep about getting back on meds soon

Iím back from my second round of RAI. Interesting twist. My Hashiís antibodies are at an undetectable level and my thyroglobulin was also. This means that the blood tests did not indicate recurrent tissue/cancer. Doc said that when they are in disagreement with the scan, as in my case, the standard treatment is to go ahead with the RAI. They are being very aggressive with me. I hope it will all be for the best. I know that I am more comfortable with treating it that way, but it sure hasnít been easy, and I am not without my doubts and concerns.

It does look like antibodies can go away after the thyroid is removed. I will be interested to see if that continues to be the case. It was a bit of good news for me, anyway.

Question... my doc told me just to start taking my meds again on Friday, no lower dose or anything, just pick it up where I left off. Does that sound right? My TSH must be nearly 200 by now, based on where they were a week ago. I asked if I could get a lower dose and maybe a bit of Cytomel to start me off. He refused. Any ideas what I should expect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 08:00 AM  
Veteran
(female)

Aimee8396 HB User
Ring, I was restarted right where I left off plus I was taking 20mcgs of Cytomel for a week along with that. I didn't have any adverse reactions, and felt more energetic within 2-3 weeks. By 8 weeks post RAI I was back at TSH of .18. I hope that you get your energy back ASAP, and I think your Drs. are just not wanting to dink around like they did last time, look where that got you! Good luck, keep us posted. Aimee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 08:24 AM  
(female)

stardust39 HB User
Talking

Happy to here all went well. I was put back on meds slow over 12 weeks,The dr. just didn't want it to be a shock to my body slaming me with 200mcg.. But everyone is different... Hope you feel well soon.. God Bless,Mars