It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2003, 12:59 PM   #1

Skeetn2000 HB User
Question Advice Please

Hi everyone, I'm Stephanie. I have every symptom of Hypothyroidism that exists, and I don't have medical insurance. My mom's homeopathic "doctor", a sweet Amish man, told me 4 years ago that I was developing hypothyroidism. At that point my only symptoms were acne and lethargy. How important is it for me to get on real meds, or does anyone know of herbal remedies that wouldn't break my pocketbook? I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning and perform at my job, and my acne won't clear up, even with Proactiv. I've gained around 15 pounds in the last few weeks also. I bought some Stacker 2 recently too, to help with energy and fend off the weight, but didn't realize that people with thyroid disorders shouldn't take it. I'm lost. Could someone who's been in my shoes give some advice? I appreciate it. I hope this message finds you all in good health, or at least improving health...God Bless you all!

Old 08-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
I really don't know of a good natural remedy, a lot of naturopaths want to put thyroid poeple on iodine therapy, while this may work for some it will not work for all and may even be harmful, especially if you have Hashi's becasue it is not an iodine deficient illness.
Armour is the natural T3 T4 med, but it is from pig, some people are not comfortable with that.

Meds are not that expensive, its the bloodwork that can be costly. I do not have insurance either but we have a lab here where you can order your own bloodwork without a docs orders and its a lot cheaper than most labs.
You do need to be on treatment as the problem will only get worse and can cause a whole array of other problems, like heart problems, diabetes etc.

Good luck to you

[This message has been edited by dea4 (edited 08-23-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread