It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #1

burdhome HB User
Question new test results, help appreciated

hi there, well I have new test results since last week. last week was dx hashi's and put on 50mcg levothroid. I'd appreciate any info I can get on results. do you think doc put me on right meds? thanks for any info I can get. here are the labs

free t3 1.2 range1.4-4.4
free t4 1.5 range.8-2.0
tsh 4.59 range .5-5.5
tpo ab 43.9 range <35
thyroglobulin ab 20.8 range .5-55

one week before my tpo ab were 36 and my tsh was 3.45
thanks again so much. these boards have been a wealth of information for me. I dont think i would have got any help from my doc nor the appt. to endo if it was not for the information I had found on this site. you guys are the greatest, thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Your free T3 is low, your TSH is high, 50 mcg is a good place to start meds, you don't want to start too high it is a shock on the body.
You should see improvement in your symptoms in 4 to 6 weeks, and about 6 weeks or so you should have bloodwork repeated to see if you need a change in med dosage or not. Be sure when you do the bloodwork that you get the free T3 and Free T4 done again also, if your T3 is still low you may need a T4 T3 combo meds.

Start taking selenium (100mcg daily)if you have not already, it will help the conversion of T4 to T3 and is good for thyroid health.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 05:57 PM   #3

burdhome HB User
anymore help? I can use all I can get. also does anyone know what they are going to do about this levothroid thing? that is what my endo gave me last week and I am a bit worried. thanks so much

Old 08-22-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
If you are unsure about the meds you were prescribed, call your doc and request something different.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:30 AM   #5
Inactive

Sky_Eagle1 HB User
Your FT3 is too low, your TSH is high. Your FT4 is 1.5, which is 58% from minimum...if you just started, I would give the doctor time to try to bring your dosage up. But if your numbers stay like this, you should seriously consider Armour or adding Cytomel to your levothroid.

Old 08-23-2003, 09:10 PM   #6

burdhome HB User
Cool

thanks for the info on my results. the reason I was worried about the levothroid, is that I have seen that the makers of it have been told by the fda to stop marketing it because it has not been approved. my mom is on the levothroid as well. I guess I just dont understand what the fda means by stop marketing it. I guess I will call my doctor or the pharmacist and ask them on monday. I did not know that a medication could be prescribed without fda approval. well I guess you learn something new everyday. My doctor gave it to me the same day the warning came from the fda. hmmm.
well again thanks so much for the replies.

Closed Thread