It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 02:46 PM   #1

Eva 267 HB User
Post Borderline Underactive Thyroid

Hi

I just got my bloodtest for Thyroid back today and the doc says, I am Borderline for underactive Thyroid. Does anybody know what this means. Does it mean I am sure to get it or I may not get it. Also other Test that was done came back as overproduction of white cells probably due to an infection that I had. If anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

Thanks Eva

Old 08-18-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Did you get your lab numbers? If you did then post them here with the lab ranges so can we help you better.

[This message has been edited by girlygirly (edited 08-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 07:11 AM   #3

Abiding Life HB User
Talking

I have been reading Maureen Salaman's book, Foods That Heal. She lists symptoms and rememdies for low thyroid. Some of those symptoms include:coldness while others are comfortable, tiredness, constipation, heart palpitation, dry course skin, swelling of face and eyelids, thick tongue, swollen feet, mentrual problems, poor memory, inability to think clearly, frequent headaches.

You may want to check out alternative medicine for assistance with this one.

What I am finding is that the thyroid is hindered (slows down) when it is effected by other problems. One of those problems appears to be excretion from fungus/yeast (bateria) in the stomach and intestines. This can be brought on by a number of things including having taken an antibiotic, long term anti-inflammatory drugs, birth control pills.

it seems North Americans are plagued with this and it is going undiagnosed because of the wide range of symptoms including low thyroid. The solution seems to be a simple one. Stay away from sweets. If you are craving sweets it may be an indication that fungus/yeast is present. What happens is the fungus excretes a bacteria that kills off the good bacteria in the stomach. After time this creates a number of symptoms including, craving of sweets.

Ask yourself these questions:
Dows your body react violently to tobacco smoke or perfumes? Do you have chronic bladder infections or vaginal yeast infections? Are you extremely fatigued or lethargic most of the time? Have you recently taken antibiotics? Do you have a chronic case of skin fungus?

If you answered yes to any of these you may want to check out how to treat Candida. Candida albicans is a fungus. Acidophilus (over the counter from any local drug store) replaces the good bacteria and fights off the bad bacteria. Stay away from sweets entirely. Fungus feeds off sweets.

Check out [url="http://www.threelac-candida-defense.com"]www.threelac-candida-defense.com[/url]

[This message has been edited by Abiding Life (edited 08-19-2003).]

Old 08-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #4

Eva 267 HB User
Thank You both very much for your replies. I did'nt actually get a copy of my results as I was told on the phone. But next time I am with the Doctor I will ask for a copy of them. To Abiding Life thank You very much for your post, very interesting as I have in the past Two months suffered with a yeast Infection that took over two weeks to clear up.

Thanks again Eva.

Old 08-23-2003, 07:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
Eva,

When you get your lab results post them and let us have a look. What some drs call borderline can really be full blown hypo. A lot of drs don't know that the normal range was changed recently and there is indication that it needs to be lowered even futher.

Old 08-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #6

Eva 267 HB User
Thanks AngelaA

I will definitely post them as soon as I get them. Could you tell me a little bit more about Borderline and full blown Hypo because to be honest I dont know much about Thyroid Disorders at all.

Old 08-24-2003, 05:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
Well the old theory was if TSH was 1.0-5.0 you are normal. This year range was changed to 1.0-3.0. My doc says same as many other prominent thyroid drs that 3.0 is hypo. She went on to say in her experience women need to be between .50 & 1.5 or else they will display hypo symptoms. But TSH is just an interpretative test at best. It stands for thyroid stimulating hormone and is a measure of what your pituitary glands THINKS your thyroid is doing. If your pituitary is malfunctioning, then TSH is rather meaningless. Sad thing is my doctor(s) KNOW I have had a pituitary problem since birth, but still rely a little too heavily on my TSH. It's just an old habit that is really hard for them to break. But if you have a dr tell you TSH is all that matters... run like heck! I was seeing GP for unrelated problem recently and thought I would "test" her by quizzing her on thyroids. Yes I am evil! She told me TSH was only thing that matters. Eek! Another TSH worshipper! She called the lab to get latest test results another dr had run. She then insisted I was hyper and tried to take me off Armour. {grrr} I told her never mind..I'll see my other dr for that.

[This message has been edited by AngelaA (edited 08-24-2003).]

Old 08-24-2003, 07:32 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Every blood test I've had in the last 15 years has come back with an elevated white cell count. I've always wondered what it meant or if it could have had anything to do with thyroid antibodies??? Anyone know? Good Luck , IWL

Old 08-24-2003, 09:59 PM   #9

burdhome HB User
It very well may be related, I had high tpo ab and I also had high white blood cells hmmm.

Closed Thread