It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #1

crystal j HB User
Post emioo1

Hi --I couldn't help but to respond to your message---I have been on thyroid meds since May and we are still trying to get the dose right --but I thought I would add some input here--I began taking Levoxyl in May and had no adverse reactions at all --I really felt a lot better on it --however for some reason I began getting a little rash on my face --no one could really tell except me but I started to think what if it was the medicine? So I switched to unithyroid and my face cleared up wihtin two days!!!!!!!!!!! However; after being on that drug for three weeks honestly I felt terrible --anxious beyond what you can imagine, my hair started falling out, and I gained five pounds in two weeks- my wonderful husband even noticed a difference --I went off of it and back to Levoxyl and immediately felt better and I don't have the rash --so what I am trying to tell you is-- sometimes (frustrating as it is) maybe synthroid just isn't working for you-- or it could be the dose.--I don't know much but I just thought I would share my experience--thyroid disease is so frustrating --it sure isn't one size fits all with medications!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!! Praying really helps!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2003, 06:16 AM   #2

Emi001 HB User
Thanky you so much for ther msg : )
I just got off the phone with my Endo dr.
I asked him If it was the pills that was causing all my anxiety and he said no. BUT he told me to take half of the pill for a week and see I do.
Then go back to my 0.1mg.

I been stressing latly so I'm thinking Maybe it's not the pill?
Or maybe it's just I need to get used to it since it's been only 2 weeks since I started.

The DR doesn't seem to think it's the Synthroid. He said I'm taking some thing my body is lacking so it's not it. So I'm like ok maybe it's time to rethink of what's causing my stress????

I'll post this so if you want you can reply to me there : )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread