It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #1

imsotired HB User
Unhappy anybody heard from Meep lately?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Meep...haven't seen any of his posts lately. If you're out there, please come back. I miss your advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
He's had five or six posts in the last week. Schools started this week so I'm sure he's been busy. Darn him for having a life. So, I've been reading your posts. Tell me again why they aren't treating your thyroid? With your TSH I don't think I could get out of bed. I don't get it. Hugs, IWL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 01:31 PM   #3

imsotired HB User
Angry

IWL,

"So, I've been reading your posts. Tell me again why they aren't treating your thyroid? With your TSH I don't think I could get out of bed. I don't get it."

The biggest reason? My doctor is an IDIOT!!!!!!!! My level was 5.59 (0.3-5.5). He said #1-that was just BARELY high (he wasn't interested in the NEW guidelines) #2-I am young so "don't worry about it for now" (I'm 26) and #3-I was having alot of palpitations which he said was a "HYPER" symptom so if he were to treat me for "HYPO" it would only get worse. BIG DUMMY!!!!!!! I am working hard to find a new doc. That test was done back in July and I'm still miserable and am starting to have new symptoms (hair loss is one. yuck!) on top of the old ones. Wish me luck!

Old 09-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

jerimee HB User
yes i agree ur doc is an idiot. see an endocrinologist. most research shows that a "healthy" tsh level is close to 1!!! good luck in finding some1 to treat u.

Old 09-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Imsotired, I was having heart palps and racing pulse during the worst of my hypo. I am taking 195mg of Armour now. Guess what, no heart palps. Yes, you're young, that means you should feel WONDERFUL!!! While you're searching for a new Dr. can't you ask your old one to humor you and just start you out on a small dose of Armour? It seems to help immediately with the hair loss too. Beg him, be a thorn in his side. Go in his office and throw up or something. LOL, IWL

Old 09-06-2003, 02:23 PM   #6

imsotired HB User
Boy, that does sound like a good idea....I'll just go throw up on him. That'll get his attention! Hee Hee Hee. Thanks for making me laugh!

Old 09-06-2003, 09:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User
Cool

Been busy. Chasing kids, Fiance had a surgery, an I am actively looking for a job, while chasing the kids. I pop in here and there, and answer a few, but not like I used to. I am flattered to know I am missed, though.

Have you contacted the Texas thyroid support group? Thy could help you find a doc! You NEED a new doc. Or else drive to the Dallas area and I can tell you where to find a dozen good docs.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 09-07-2003, 06:39 AM   #8

imsotired HB User
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT BUSY!! Good to know you haven't disappeared though!

I have tried looking for Texas Support on Internet Explorer but no luck.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by imsotired:
I have tried looking for Texas Support on Internet Explorer but no luck.
Try this: [url="http://www.***********/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Texas+thyroid+support+groups"]http://www.***********/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Texas+thyroid+support+groups[/url]

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 09-07-2003, 12:45 PM   #10

imsotired HB User
Meep-

Thank you!!! I'm going to check it out now. I'll see what I can find!

Closed Thread