It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

kcgal HB User
Question Question about Test Results

I was hoping somebody could tell me about my test results. Although they are in the normal range I still don't feel good most day's. I'm think I will have some Hypo sympton's. Okay here there are:

T3 Updake 34.70 Range 24.4-39.1

Thyroxine (T4) 9.5 Range 6.5-10.5

Free Thyroxine 10.4 Range 6.0-11.4

3rd Generation TSH 1.110 Range .35-5.50

I'm trying to get all the info I can because I want to go see a new Endo and try and get on Armour because I have never felt good on Levoxly.

Thanks in advance for the info

KCGAL

Old 09-07-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
Inactive

Sky_Eagle1 HB User
The key thing is your symptoms - if you have problems, complain about them until the doctor addresses them to your satisfaction. And always take your body's word for it and not theirs. Tests are the biggest thing doctors use to talk people out of thinking they have a problem. Of course, most doctors don't know the right tests to order, or how to read their tests.

To wit, your doctor. These tests are the old anachronistic thyroid panel, which is largely useless. You want Free T3, Free T4, and TSH.
But we can tell a little something by these numbers if we guessed.

Free Thyroxine or the FTI is calculated by multiplying the Total T4 by the T3 uptake %. Elementally these tests can only really hint at what your true condition is, by giving us a calculated , and therefore not necessarily 100% accurate approximation of your available T4.

The story is incomplete here. We need to see measures of FREE T3 and FREE T4 (note FREE and not the absence of the word or TOTAL) to really get a better idea of your health.

Insist on those tests and don't stop until you get them. You want Free T3, Free T4, TSH, and thyroid antibodies. As far as these tests go, I can't really point out any problems in how I read them - I would call you perfect by these measures. But then again, I don't trust these measures.

Quote:
Originally posted by kcgal:

T3 Updake 34.70 Range 24.4-39.1
Thyroxine (T4) 9.5 Range 6.5-10.5
Free Thyroxine 10.4 Range 6.0-11.4
3rd Generation TSH 1.110 Range .35-5.50

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
(female)

kcgal HB User
So, Are you saying the test's the are doing are old? I will ask for the new one's next time I go in. Also, I saw you were from MO may I ask where? I live in MO also and wondered if you could recomend a good doctor?

Thanks

KCGAL

Old 09-07-2003, 03:22 PM   #4
Inactive

Sky_Eagle1 HB User
Yeah I'm saying the tests are old and accepted as such by more current doctors. I'm in the center, but I travel west sometimes in the state.

I need a good doctor myself, I wish I could say I had luck by having a good doctor treating me well that knows their stuff and that I'm being taken care of, but I'm not. Best you can do is learn yourself so you can tell when the doctor isn't doing you right, and then call the docs on it. Of course, you'll find out the right questions to ask before you go in so that'll help even more...but look in the Information Archive and you'll find a lot on that.

Quote:
Originally posted by kcgal:
So, Are you saying the test's the are doing are old? I will ask for the new one's next time I go in. Also, I saw you were from MO may I ask where? I live in MO also and wondered if you could recomend a good doctor?
Thanks
KCGAL

Closed Thread