It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 11:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Post tired, sad and scared

I think you guys are gonna get tired of me and I can't say I would blame you. I'm sooo tired of all this! Have'nt felt like crying in a while but here I am, almost midnight, so tired, can't sleep again and the tears are flowing freely. I have two teeth that hurt like heck and my mind is racing like crazy. I got a call from my sister tonight. She's going in for another angioplasty Tuesday. There's a big chance they won't be able to finish the angioplasty and they'll have to do open heart on her Tuesday. She wants me to come down there to Oklahoma City but I'm not able to get there. I don't have the energy to travel. I wish I did. I'd be there in the morning. I just can't. I HATE this hypo! I'm so damn sick that I can't be there for my sister and some of my freaking family STILL thinks I'm not sick.
I'm so sorry for venting like this. I don't have anyone to talk to about this and you guys are always here.
I really started typing to ask you all these questions. When I go to the dentist, should I tell him about my hypo-t? And what about anesthesia? Thanks.
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Bosmom, Don't ever worry about crying, venting, carrying on, whatever you need to do. Everyone here knows how you feel at least to some degree. Tell the dentist you're having problems regulating your thyroid and have him use the anesthetic that doesn't have epinephrine in it. Your body is stressed enough and that can cause some people extra anxiety. Use nitrous oxide if you can and it agrees with you, will help you relax. On the downside, I noticed dental work when I was really hypo left me wasted for the rest of the day, so plan on being worthless-er. I'll pray for your sister, I have an inside line with God. And don't worry about family that doesn't think you're as sick as you are. You can't pick your family, they're just part of your affliction. Hugs, IWL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 07:00 AM   #3

imsotired HB User
I'm sorry you feel so bad. Don't worry about venting or complaining. I do it nearly everyday on this board. It helps me to feel better b/c I'm able to get it off my chest and find the support of those who know exactly how I feel.

BTW- I know what you mean about the crying. Most of the day yesterday and especially as I was going to bed last night, I had to really FIGHT to hold bad 'ole Niagra Falls! I don't even know why! I wasn't upset or anything...maybe a little stressed, but I was feeling those tears you get when someone really close dies. I don't know. Guess we all just get a little CRAZY sometimes!

Old 09-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #4

tamnter HB User
Unhappy

hi all, i know how you all feel, i really struggle with the tears and the blues! i try so hard to be a happy person, and have so many reasons to be happy, but everytime i turn around i feel like crying or i feel blue. i was hoping this would be gone by now, but no such luck. i am on 210 mg. of armour, and have a doc appt. tomorrow. hoping there's help somewhere. i wanna be happy for my family! this board is the best and always makes me feel better too! thanks too all who post here!

Old 09-08-2003, 09:47 AM   #5

Ibis HB User
Dear Bosmom,
Blessings.
I am so sorry you feel so unsupported. We are here and offer support. I know family and "loved ones" sometimes do not understand.
I think I may be losing a 3 year relationship. I have been told I am "no fun" I "don't want to do anything",

I think getting a good meal on the table is something.
But, I don't want to go on.

I think since we can't point to a cast, or a wound or a more common ailment, we are not understood. Hang in there and pray for grace to follow your path.
Blessings again,

Old 09-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
IWL, you did it again. You made me laugh! I told you before I don't know how you do it but when I need it the most, you ALWAYS bring a good laugh and a smile on. Thanks for praying for my sister. She needs all the prayers she can get-especially from you with the inside line to God. LOL And you're right, my family IS part of my affliction. That's why I go to Al-Anon. LOL Actually, my husband has been pretty good about all this so I really can't complain too much. It's the rest of the nuts that fell from the tree. I guess they're jealous 'cause I'm still hanging on! LOl
Barb

Old 09-08-2003, 11:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

imsotired, Thanks for the understanding. We don't know one another but there's a special bond between all of us on this board. We all wish we didn't have it but we do. And if I can think of one good thing that has come out of this, it's that we have all found each other. We can't put faces with the names. But that's what helps us to reveal who we are and how we truly feel. Sometimes I think I would have gone nuts by now if I hadn't found this board. Thanks.
Barb

Old 09-08-2003, 11:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tamnter, I was told by a friend of mine-if you want to be happy, instead of looking for happiness, start by looking for something to be grateful for. I thought he was just as crazy as me until he said that happiness is sometimes too hard to reach without taking steps to get to it. I started by using nature I'm grateful for the sun because...for the rain because...for the birds because...etc. Then I went to my son and husband and found things to be grateful for in them. Then I started looking for happiness in myself. I can't work on making anyone else happy until I can make myself happy. Sounds selfish but it's true. People who are happy with themselves make the people around them happy. Take care.
Barb

Old 09-08-2003, 11:51 AM   #9

imsotired HB User
Believe me girl, I feel the same way!!! This board has helped me so much. I can just vent and rage it all out there in to the open, then just take a deep sigh of relief that even if my physical body is still laying here "wounded" at least I can keep my mental/emotions and WILL POWER somewhat up to par.

I feel I can relate to you in a lot of ways as well, that's why I keep going back to your posts and checking up even if I have already put my "two cents" in. Just hang in there, we're all here for you!

Old 09-08-2003, 11:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibis, I know what you mean about getting a good meal on the table. Same here. You know, I've ahd to say this several times to my family and I said this to my sister last night. It's not that I don't want to do it. I'm not able to right now. ANd what you said "pray for grace to follow your path", I'll pray for that every day. That is such a good slogan to follow! I'm going to share that with my friends in Al-Anon. Thank you so much!
Barb

Closed Thread