It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

kcgal HB User
Post question for Iwannalife

I have been reading your post's about switching to Armour. I hope you don't mind me asking but what were you taking before you doctor switched you? I had RAI done about seven years ago and started taking Synthroid and felt horrible on that had the doctor switch me to Levoxly did better on that but I still have alot of day's where I don't feel great. I have been to my doctor about switching to Armour and he want's to refer me to see what they think. Thank you for sharing your story because I'm hoping I will beel better if I can get my medication switched also. The thing that caught me eye was how you stated you instentines have calmed down that has been my biggest complaint for years on the Levoxly.

Thanks again

KCGAL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 09:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
KCgal, Had RAI in 1997 and was put on Synthroid. Did okay for about 3 years, then went downhill fast. It actually started with my intestines, sick at least 3 days a week and then I started with almost constant adrenalin rush/anxiety feelings. They switched me to Levoxyl, moved meds up and down. I got hyper symptoms when they upped them and never lost the hypo. I know now that my body just stopped converting the T4 to T3.I developed such awful lactic acid build up and just hurt all over, but one of the very worst things was the intestinal problem. Not only did I have alot of pain there, but was either constipated or had runs all the time. Had to plan my life around THAT. Thought it might be nerves, IBS, Cancer, didn't know hypo could do that to you. In the last 2 months since I started Armour I have had nothing wrong in that way. And that happened immediately!!! My dr. wanted to refer me for Armour to and I convinced him to just let me try it and promised I would see an endo for followup. Ask you dr. for just a trial dose. I think it's a miracle drug, but I'm prejudiced. Good Luck, IWL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
(female)

kcgal HB User
Thank You for sharing your story with me!!! I have the exact same issue's as you and I have had them from the very start and that point the stupid endo doc thought it must me something else wrong with me. Well I was young and thought the doc's knew everything. Well I know that's a big fat joke. My internal doctor is pretty good. I will go see the endo but I will make another appt with him soon to push him a little. I will tell him I will go to another doctor if he won't change my medication. This is my health and I want my old life back for me and my family

Thanks again for being such a great support on this board.

KCGAL

Closed Thread