It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

jerimee HB User
Post worse when changing to armour???

ijust recently switched from synthroid to armour about 3 days ago. now i am having some joint pain, and i also feel like i am doing worse. i have mroe mental clarity, but body feels worse, i feel like i need an in-between of synth and armour. hhhmmmm. just wondering if anyone else has gone thru this???

Old 09-08-2003, 03:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Bf, Give it some time. I had awful joint pain and some really weird side effects that were gone in 2 or 3 weeks(after I started the Armour). I have been on Armour for about 2 months and the only symtoms I have left are some fatigue and pulse has went back up a little. I sleep wonderfully. Mentally I am so alive. My intestines are perfect(they used to rule my life). My hair has started growing in. I can work all day(even though I'm still a little tired), was exhausted to the point of taking a shower would wipe me out. I am about 900% better since I switched. I think the joint pain and some really odd aches I had when I started the Armour had to do with all the lactic acid build up and my body was soooo out of wack. I am so calm. I would definitely give it more time. Some of my hypo/hyper symptoms retured whenever I needed an increase in dose. Good Luck IWL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 04:08 PM   #3
(female)

jerimee HB User
IWL u r great. thanks for all the info, if anyone else has similar please post as motivation to keep taking it, my schoolwork is beginning to suffer, i was diagnosed with hypo during summer and am in my junior year of college sucks to be 20 and feel like 80.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:11 PM   #4

daldre1269 HB User
bf,
Don't give up on the armour yet... it's only three days. What dose are you on? I had the dreaded joint pain also.. with many increases of armour and the addition of cytomel the joint pain is GONE.

I know it must be unreal to be only 20 and feel so sick ... I can't imagine it... although at 32 I felt like I was 80 also.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #5

Ibis HB User
I agree, Do not give up on Armour. I know it works for me and synthroid does not, so I am a pro Armour fan. But I understand it takes a couple of weeks to a month for the full effects to be felt. Are you eating any soy? Do you take the Armour on an empty stomach and wait 1 hr before a meal, or coffee? I learned that here and it is a pain in the b***, but works. Good luck to you!

Old 09-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Bf, So you do mean you're splitting your dose, right? I take mine early and then at about 4:00p.m. If I take it later, I seem to stay up too long. Not insomnia, just that second wind that keeps me doing stuff. Cytomel is just T3, makes a good addition to regular meds for some people, way too early to know if you might need it. Everything I've read says to store Armour at room temperature and more importantly not in the bathroom or anyplace moist. IWL

Old 09-08-2003, 07:41 PM   #7
(female)

jerimee HB User
um no, not splitting my dose, it is small as it is, 1/2 grain. i read somewhere that it is "suggested" to keep armour refridgerated because it is natural. it is just supposed to help keep its potency, i dont think it really matters, but it even says that on the thing i get with it from the pharmacy, but they dont keep it refridgerated, i guess it is merely preference.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Bf, The half life of the T3 in your Armour is 8 hours, so when they increase your dose, to feel the most level, you should split it. I don't know if it matters now. The dose you're on is more to get you used to it than theraputic. I don't thing the fridge matters, just the moisture thing. Do you know when they're upping your dose. I think most people do with Armour at about 2 weeks. Take care. IWL

Old 09-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #9
(female)

jerimee HB User
THANK YOU ALL for the info. very helpful. i love this place.

Old 09-09-2003, 09:02 AM   #10

Ibis HB User
I keep my Armour in the pharmacy container in my bathroom. I am taking 3 grains now. For years I took 2, but after the change of life, I guess I needed more. My phonebook Dr checked my levels and upped me about 1 year ago. He also added the cytomel when I went last month complaining about feeling terrible. I got into trouble with soy and taking the Armour mid Am with all my vitamins and other supplements.
Good luck!

Closed Thread