It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Talking hypo.... and just starting to lose weight

Hey you all!

I have been struggleing with losing weight for sometime now. I am not severly over my BMI..but close. Well, as of today I have lost 2 lbs in 1wk and 2days. I am also starting to feel better. (not getting my hopes up though) I think the synthroid is working. I have taken soy almost completely out of my diet. I am taking Oscalw/D, Multi vitamin, b-complex, vitamin c, and eating a lot of non fat yogurt. Aside from that I am taking chromium picolinate, and CLA. I have been exercising everyday just about. I feel so much better. I really hope this lasts. I have lost 2lbs and in hypo world that is a lot. -Roni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Congratulations! I'm going to try the Adkins diet as soon as I get the book. I don't know about you but I could use all the encouragement I can get. Losing weight before becoming hypo was really super hard for me. And I have to lose about 110-120 lbs. I'm not going to say I need to anymore. I don't need to. I HAVE to. Keep me posted on how you're doing and I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing if you want to. It's just so great to hear a success story. And I know that will give me more motivation to do what I have to do. Again, That's great that you're feeling so much better and 2 lbs is FANTASTIC! Hey, I'm doing jumping jacks for ya Ouch! My boobs just hit me in the face! LOL
Barb

[This message has been edited by Bosmom (edited 09-09-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 02:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
Roni!

Thanks for sharing this! It's really encouraging - I have gained 50+ lbs in the last year (5'3") and I'm on my 7th day of synthroid - You're success gives me SO much hope!!

Thanks again,
Kathy

PS How long have you been taking the synthroid?

[This message has been edited by wxKathy2 (edited 09-10-2003).]

Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #4
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Everyone over on the weight loss board have given me so much support. I have tried everything and nothing worked until now. You all should visit this forum. I am so glad I found them.-Roni

Old 09-10-2003, 08:58 AM   #5

Cuibono HB User
Very uplifting to read your story. I have recently been switched to Synthroid. When I was diagnosed w/Hashi's (hypo/hyper T) I had gained 80 lbs in 2 1/2 years despite diet/biking/weight training. It has been 2 1/2 yrs since then and although I have not gained any more, I have a terrible time losing. I started walking 40 min per day 5 days ago and logging everything I eat and drink on a Diet software. It's really keeping me aware of what I put in my mouth and prompts me to drink the water I need every day. For the first time in about 5 years (I am also a post menopausal 54 yr old woman) I feel excited about getting back in shape! Hang in there! We can do it and feel healthier!

Old 09-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #6

Ibis HB User
3 years ago I lost about 30 lbs. I was on Armour at the time. I cut out all red meet and finally all chicken too. I ate a little soy and combined grains and a little fish. For me I needed to eat normal portions of veggies, and pasta and rice. My body needed fuel to burn the fat. I race walked 3 miles about 5 days a week until started to jog again. I joined a gym and I go to it or do something , jog, hike almost every day. The exercise really helps hypo I think.
However, now I do not eat any soy, but added a bit of chicken back to my diet. I really needed protein when I went hypo again(T3 .8).I think exercise, what every you can do, and eating enough food, do not starve your body, but eat good food.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:13 PM   #7
Inactive

roni624 HB User
You all have to eat in order to lose weight correctly.

I weigh 154lbs right now and I am taking in 1200-1300 calories a day. I want to get to 127lbs some day.

I am also taking the CLA which is very safe.(DO NOT USE THE LIQUID FORM--IT CONTAINS SOY) Both my drs said it was very safe. This is NOT a diet pill. You do have to do some kind of exercise and eat well. If you don't ....it won't work as well. I also want to add I drink 3liters of water a day.

I changed my w/o routine to first thing in the morning after my medication and before breakfast. If I have time I do another w/o session in the evening or sometimes later at night. All I do is jog for 30min and do either 3 sets of 10 on squats, push-ups, cruches, a little pilates, or taebo...and when I say a little I mean maybe just one exercise of taebo or pilates.

I was really down about my weight gain and I couldn't get out of the dark cloud over my head. I just got fed up and got determined to try someting even if it meant trying 100x. I will not let my thyroid get the best of me. I know I will probably have more low days but I have to keep my mind clear and not let myself give up.

I hope some of you will consider visiting the weight loss forum of these boards. I am on the Thanksgiving Challenge and everyone knows about my thyroid and they have all been so supportive. You will love these posters.-Roni

Closed Thread