It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #1

hanbury HB User
Post Iwannalife - Paxil

Hi iwannalife,
You made a reference to Paxil in your reply to "tired of pretending" - "Also, depending on the dr., if you hit them with too much at once, you end up with Paxil." When I first went to the dr, he ran blood tests and while waiting for the results, he told me to start taking Paxil. I did for a week and stopped when my TSH test came back at 6.1. (The paxil made me nauseous). The dr told me to keep taking it and so did my husband - husband actually got mad at me for stopping it. I was right for stopping the paxil, right? Otherwise, how would I know if the synthroid was working? It sucks not having support....

Old 09-10-2003, 06:43 PM   #2
(female)

jerimee HB User
I would agree with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
I agree. Paxil has it's uses, definitely. But I would hesitate to chemically alter my brain chemistry when it is probably not necessary. I have known alot of people who did not react well to Paxil, so why throw it in the mix when you're trying to heal your thyroid. I'm sure your husband just wants you to be better, but now that you know what the problem is you can fix it. You honestly know deep down if you're depressed because you feel awful or you have a true clinical problem. Make a deal with your husband and dr. When your TSH is between 1 and 2 and your FT3 and FT4 are at the high end of normal, you'll discuss it with them again. Meantime, if your behavior is bothering your husband, give him the Paxil. Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself. You'll be better soon. Hugs, IWL

Closed Thread