It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 10:26 PM   #1

Burning_Inside HB User
Post What would you guys say about these thyroid test results?

A little over a month ago I got a full blood scan..Just checking
everything out..And I have a question about the thyroid results..They
are as follows:
TSH: 3.71/ ref range:0.46-4.68/units:miu/l
free t3: 3.70/ ref range:2.26-6.16/units g/ml
free t4: 1.47/ ref range:0.8-1.9/units:ng/dl

I'm sure an FTI result would have been good but that's all they did.
Judging on that, does anyone see anything good or bad?

Old 09-09-2003, 11:41 PM   #2
Inactive

Sky_Eagle1 HB User
They did what was supposed to happen. Looks hypothyroid to me. Even though they're in range, they're not in the range it really needs to be for the average person (you maybe) to be asymptomatic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
With a tsh of 3.7 I was very ill. Most people need their FT3 & FT4 to be at the upper end of normal and their TSH about 1. Do you have symtoms? IWL

Old 09-10-2003, 11:36 AM   #4

Burning_Inside HB User
what kind of symptoms would I see from results such as these?

I do know it has become hard for me to lose weight in recent times. Last year however I managed to dump about 40 lbs and keep it off, but I dumped that and couldn't lose anymore.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB User
Symptoms vary from person to person, some have many symptoms, some only a few.
Here are just a few, thyroid affects everything in your body so there are many but these are the most common.

Weight gain/loss
inability to loose or gain weight
Hair loss
fatigue
weakness
brain fog
headaches
itchy skin
numbness
sinus problems
muscle aches
inner jittery feeling or nervousness
anxiety
nausea

The list can go on and on, these are just a few, I'm sure I missed some of the more common, blame it on brain fog, haha.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #6

Burning_Inside HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by dea4:
Symptoms vary from person to person, some have many symptoms, some only a few.
Here are just a few, thyroid affects everything in your body so there are many but these are the most common.

Weight gain/loss
inability to loose or gain weight
Hair loss
fatigue
weakness
brain fog
headaches
itchy skin
numbness
sinus problems
muscle aches
inner jittery feeling or nervousness
anxiety
nausea

The list can go on and on, these are just a few, I'm sure I missed some of the more common, blame it on brain fog, haha.

I have :

inner jittery feeling or nervousness (when trying to fall asleep)
inability to lose weight
hair loss (receding hairline, not falling out in clumps or anything)
sinus problems (dark circles, bags and veins under eyes which i think are attributed)
fatigue (only time i feel energised is when i'm actually working out at the gym, otherise i feel beat for the most part)

Old 09-10-2003, 03:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB User
Yep, those are symptoms. Your Free T3 is low according to your reference range. Selenium is recommended to help your body convert T4 to T3 and is good for overall thyroid health, you may want to try that, 100mcg a day.
Did they put you one meds? Your TSH is a little high, most people have to have it below 2, closer to 1 to feel well, although the FT4 and FT3 are the tests that actually tell how your thyroid is functioning and they should both be in the mid to upper part of the range.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:26 PM   #8

Burning_Inside HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by dea4:
Yep, those are symptoms. Your Free T3 is low according to your reference range. Selenium is recommended to help your body convert T4 to T3 and is good for overall thyroid health, you may want to try that, 100mcg a day.
Did they put you one meds? Your TSH is a little high, most people have to have it below 2, closer to 1 to feel well, although the FT4 and FT3 are the tests that actually tell how your thyroid is functioning and they should both be in the mid to upper part of the range.

No they didn't put me on any meds. My red blood count was low also and they didnt make any mention of that either. I explained to the doc what was going on with me at the time, I guess he didnt think the results of the test warranted any followup...O well.

Anywya, I figured something was up and am taking 200 mcg selnium daily, along with zinc, n-acetyl tyrosine, kelp (for the iodine) maca, ashwagandha, and 7-keto. I'll see how I feel within a month. Anything else anyone reccomends?

Old 09-11-2003, 04:26 AM   #9
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Vitamin E works along with the zinc and selenium.

Old 09-11-2003, 11:41 AM   #10

Burning_Inside HB User
I have another question.... Is it possible I can take supplements for a few months and regulate my thyroid to where I need to be and then go off everything and have it be better forever, or would I have to keep taking supplements permanently?

Old 09-11-2003, 12:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Unless you NEVER eat pre-packaged food and only eat un-iodized salt, the kelp will probably do more harm than good. Do some research on it and not what the commercial kelp sellers put out there. IWL

Closed Thread