It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 07:48 AM   #1

Emi001 HB User
Post Is it bad to take Water pills to get this water retention out?

Hi, after RAI, I have been Hypo for just a little while. But between PMS and taking Birth control pills, I taking Synthroid. Anyway is ok to take Aqua ban to get that puffyness out? Has anyone taken Water pills to feel better? I just can't stand this water retention.
Thanks for reading.

Old 09-11-2003, 11:41 AM   #2
(female)

TinyTot2 HB User
I am interested in this one, too.
I don't really want to take a pill to make
the bloating go away, though. I think 3 pills per day is enough (between birth control, a vitamin, and Armour). What would my other options be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 12:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
There are some natural diaretics, particular foods, etc., mentioned were spinach, grapefruit, alfalfa tablets, but haven't looked into them to see if they are bad for thyroid. When your levels of thyroid are correct alot of the water retention goes away. I lost 8 pounds the first month I was on Armour and all the puffiness. Are you sure your FT3 & FT4 are high enough? Be careful about rx diaretics. They can deplete alot of things you need, especially potassium. They tried me on hydrachlorathiazide(most commom diaretic) and I developed irregular heart rythmn in 2 days. Drink more water, eat less salt. Too bad I have such an addiction for salty/fatty snacks. I've went 4 days without potato chips(I feel like I need the 12 step program). IWL

Old 09-11-2003, 01:17 PM   #4

Emi001 HB User

Thank you all for your Replies : )
I don't want to take this Aqua ban I got all the time or anything but I thought when I REALLY feel the water retention I thought it would be ok.
once or twice.
For me I need to cut down on my Diet soda. But that's the only thing I enjoy...out of life.
I stopped smoking, it's been over 2 years and I don't want to over eat cuz of my hypo.. It's like Can a girl have a little fun...LOL
My hubby says U need to stop eating salty foods but some time it's the combo of that and the hypo and my PMS.
Haaa~ the things we have to go throgh to feel reg.
Anyway thanks for the reply.

Closed Thread