It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

sammysmomma HB User
Question What do I do now?

I finally saw my Endo Sept3rd for my first appt. I took all of my previous lab records, she interviewed me and seemed to be on top of all of the latest info. Rather than prescribe any type of medication, she wanted to run more labs. She ran a TSH and an antibodies test. At my appt she said my symptoms were typical of Hashimoto's Thyroidosis, and discussed both
types of meds as well as hrt for perimenopause. I thought somebody finally understood what I needed!

In todays mail I received the following:

TSH 1.57 0.4-5.5
Antibobies
TPO <2 <2
Anti-thyroglobulin 11.2 <2

No ranges were listed from the lab, the note said TSH was normal , and included was a lab slip for another test to be done in December!

Am I out of my mind? Perhaps I chose the wrong questions to ask! The Note also said no treatment was needed at this time. Is there anything I can do to get relief from the usual symptoms??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

sammysmomma HB User
Sorry I forgot to add that T3 and T4 tests were not ordered. This Doctor is from the "Top Docs" list. No others are in my area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 10:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
What a disappointment. That's the second dr. on the "top doc" list that hasn't come through this week. Don't give up. I wouldn't go back there, but if you do ask for what you need, FT3 & FT4. I always make a followup appointment to discuss results and treatment. This telephone stuff and diagnosis by mail is sloppy medical care. Waiting til Dec. if you feel bad is cruel. You're going to have to keep fighting for yourself. Dr. #6 is the one that helped me. Hugs, IWL

Old 09-12-2003, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Bummer. Don't give up though, I think most of us have had to search to find the doc that works for us, I went through 3 before I found the one I have now, some have gone through many many more.
Hope you can get some answers, and I agree with Iwannalife, ask for the tests you want, insist on them.
Good luck.

Closed Thread