It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 01:29 PM   #1

italungrl HB User
Post Why are we veiwed as crazy or complainers?

I have never seen such shunning of a real problem as this the only ones that seem to understand are those who are going through the same thing. My symptoms are off the wall throbbing hands, heavy leg feeling,joint aches and I have been on medication synthroid 50 for 6 months my levals were tested and seem to be around 4.5 now so whats up with the symptoms, I do have alot of built up stress in my life, but this is nuts!Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 02:58 PM   #2

ANNETTE H HB User
Lightbulb

Welcome to the medical twilight zone! Your question is the question!!! And we don't seem to know the answer!! We don't understand why doctors haven't gotten a grip on this problem.OR ,even why they don't seen to want to hear what we have to say about ourselves and what we think. You are right, this is nuts! This ,too, causes more stress than I need in my life! How about you? Relax the best you can and keep reading on the thyroid and know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

Redford Phyl HB User
Sounds like you have a doctor like the one I dumped 2 back. TSH is within lab range so you should be just fine. Yeah, sure. He figured that as long as it dropped under 5 I should be fine and my symptoms must be from something else. The endo came next and said I was greatly undermedicated at 25 mcg of Synthroid and bumped me up to 88 mcg. He was content when my TSH hit 3.8 because my free T4 was 2.2 (range .6-2.2). I wasn't.

My current doc (bless her soul!) who wants to see free T3 values, put me on 2 grains of Armour to start. My latest labs show my TSH at .11 (.4-5.5), hyper by most standards, but my free T3 and free T4 are still very low, so she has given me the go-ahead to move up to 4 grains. The wonderful side effect from finally getting up to a more normal range for me is that my cholesterol and LDL levels have dropped 37 points in the last 3 months with no cholesterol drugs and no change in diet. Everyone should find a doc as sensible as mine.

Old 09-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
italungrl,
A TSH of 4.5 may be in "normal" range in the doctor's opinion, but it's probably still too high for you. Ninety-five percent of healthy people without symptoms of thyroid disease have TSH of between 1 and 2. You're probably being undertreated.

Old 09-14-2003, 05:17 PM   #5

italungrl HB User
I guess I put too much trust in my health care provider, I should have known like I said beofre if they havent been there they seem to think we exaggerate these symptoms this last year has been horrendous I never went to the Dr. this all came up outa the blue in January have been to Neuro,Ent,back
and forth to the PCP all I know is that I dont feel like ME now matter what their stupid levels say...

Closed Thread