It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #1

italungrl HB User
Post weird symptoms

been on synthroid 50 fro 5 months not tires any more but arms are cold hands and feet throb joints in hands aches? help

Old 09-13-2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
Hi,

Sounds like you may still be hypothyroid despite the Synthroid. You may need a dosage adjustment or possibly a change in meds. What's you're most recent test results with the reference ranges?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 12:21 PM   #3

italungrl HB User
I was tested again and I fell with in normal limits around 4.5 before being put on synthroid I was 6.4 I feel less tired but more crazy symptoms

Old 09-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
4.5 may be within normal range by your labs and your doctor's ranges. But the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists changed their reccomendations for TSH levels because too many patients were presenting with hypo symptoms above the 3 range. Their new range as of October 2002 is .3-3.0. So according to the new ranges, you are STILL hypo. Thus the symptoms are still present. Look up the AACE on the web. Read up on the things your doctor still doesn't know. Take care!
Barb

------------------
"Life, for all its agonies...is exciting and beautiful, amusing and artful and endearing... and whatever is to come after it-we shall not have this life again."

Closed Thread