It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 05:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Post sosooo tired!

you guys...I am so tired of being sick! I had a couple decent days last week and a few decent houts this week (am so thankful for that)! But basically, I just want to give in. Started out the week last Sunday with a tooth that hurt worse than the 26 hrs of labor and sunsequent c-section I had with my son! Or maybe, 15 yrs later, the brain fog has erased the pain memory. But no kidding. Hurt sooo bad! Turned out it was infection in the tooth. Got to have root canal. Dentist must have given me 10 shots. Felt like I had none. I felt not too awful for a couple of days except for little sleep all week (and the sleep I had was anything but restful). Then my lower back started hurting some (not too bad). THen Friday, my neck, right shoulder and arm stated again with the pain and numbness. My son's been walking around with a bad head cold so...you guessed it. I took that on too as well as my "friend". Oh, and yes, been PMSing ALL FREAKING WEEK!
To top it off, I have one of the busiest weekends I've had in almost a year! I have to bake 3 cheesecakes today and take my son to SOS Children's Village. He's in the Air Force JROTC program at his school. They're going to help out to raise money for the foster chilren there. They're having a hot air balloon launch. Then tomorrow, we're having a picnic that my husband and I helped organize for his AA buddies, my Al-Anon friends and their families. We're expecting about 100 people (maybe more as word of mouth has spread). And as the picnic gets started, I have to go help set up at an open AA meeting. My friend always does it but she just had a knee replacement. I volunteered to take over for her till she gets well.
Ooohhhh, my head is going to explode if I don't go rest my eyes for a while.
Thanks for being there guys. I don't know what I'd do withoutcha. Yes I do, GO BONKERS!!!
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
So sorry you have all this while not feeling well - Sometimes it just feels overwhelming...My husband had a terrible accident in Africa a few weeks ago and I had to go to Kenya to help bring him home - he will be okay with time - and just when I thought it things were settling down, they find the mass on my thyroid....You're story helped me remember some things I used to know that used to help me out - "one hour at a time" ...?? I don't know....I feel pretty overwhelmed too - so if nothing else, please know you're not alone and that someone is thinking of you...

Best wishes,
Kathy

Old 09-13-2003, 09:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Thanks Kathy. I'm glad to hear that your husband is recovering well. Turns out I didn't have to stay there with my son today. I just have to pick him up tonight at 7. Now all I have to do is make the 3 cheesecakes, dice some onions and pick up some water balloons for the kids to throw at the picnic. I feel a little better than I did earlier this morning. Not much, but I'll take whatever improvement I can get now.
Did you go back to the doctor? How is that coming along? Just hang in there. And if ya start to start to slip, I got your back, OK?
Barb

------------------
"Life, for all its agonies...is exciting and beautiful, amusing and artful and endearing... and whatever is to come after it-we shall not have this life again."

Old 09-14-2003, 09:45 PM   #4

Rachelyne HB User
Hi:

I hope you are feeling much better. I was going to say that it is good you are busy with all the things in your life, because if we did not have them we would be complaining about nothing to do. Then I saw your comment on the bottom of your post("Life, for all its agonies...is exciting and beautiful, amusing and artful and endearing... and whatever is to come after it-we shall not have this life again."). I could not say it any better. I have to print it and look at it often for myself for those overwelming days. Where did you get that from? It is beautiful. Have a great day and thank you for all your help on this web site.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User
Bosmom,

Thanks for your support!! I go back to the endo on 10/2....And I want to be there for you too!!! Hang in there! And as Rachelyne said thanks for your tag line - I needed to see that tonight!

Best always,

Kathy

[This message has been edited by wxKathy2 (edited 09-15-2003).]

Old 09-15-2003, 05:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi. I saw it in a book somewhere. I just had to add it to my signature. It helps me to look at it and really think about it. Sometimes it can be really hard to find the beauty in life. The funny thing is, it's always there in front of our eyes. But sometimes, we're just too darn tired to see it!
Barb

------------------
"Life, for all its agonies...is exciting and beautiful, amusing and artful and endearing... and whatever is to come after it-we shall not have this life again."

Old 09-15-2003, 06:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh, and thanks for asking. Yes, I am feeling better today. I still have the cold. I had a dental appt today. Had to cancel it but my tooth is still a bit infected. That's OK though. It'll give the amoxicillin a little more time to take care of that. Hey, I just have to tell you guys this. Has nothing to do with any of this. I was just thinking of the irony of things. My son graduated 8th grade in June. I decided to throw a surprise party for him at Walter Payton's Roundhouse Restaurant (my son's favorite). I sent the invitations at the beginning of May. My mother-in-law calls me to tell me that two of her sons and their wives had planned a trip and the one son was mad because they had to cancel to be at my son's party (this is the in-law who likes to complain and put people down, just a jerk!). OK, I was a little miffed because of his attitude but I blew it off. I never told him what my mother-im-law said about him being angry. This thing cost me big time for a luncheon of 16. My dad was the only one not from my husband's side of the family (my family all lives out of state). Anyway, these two brothers had to re-schedule their vacation. They left last Saturday. They're supposed to be back this Saturday I think. Could you guess where they went? Hilton Head, North Carolina. They're waiting for the hurricane! I'd be lying if I said I felt bad for them (the one brother anyway).
Am I mean or what??? LOL!!!
Barb

Closed Thread