It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 12:05 PM   #1

imsotired HB User
Unhappy I need some help.

OK guys, I need your help-

I know there are no real docs here and if there were, you couldn't reveal it, but I think we are ALL alot smarter and up-to-date than they are anyway, so help me figure this out.

If it is not thyroid, then what is it? (I'm still not convinced that it is not) I still have all the same old symptoms that I've been complaining about for weeks, but I don't have the rediculously high lab numbers to back it up, just "borderline".

So, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!?! My biggest complaint at the moment is that I now sleep about 18 hours a day...not just rest, SLEEP. I am also too dizzy to do many things and scared to death to pick up my son because I'm scared I'll drop him. I am taking 25mg of Meclizine for dizziness but it isn't making a dent. I feel like I am losing muscle coordination or strength or something in my hands because I have to physically concentrate to keep from dropping things. I had my first ever migraine tuesday. I woke up with a headache behind my left eye and it kept growing all day. By 11 pm I was in the ER with numbness on my left side (face, arm, and leg) thinking I was having a stroke, just to be told it was a migraine. That's where I got the "dizzy pills" and a shot in the butt of phenergan and something else I don't remember which left all of Wednesday a blur. I have completely lost my appitite. I'll pick up a cookie or piece of cheese now and then b/c I know I haven't eaten in a while, but the "hunger" is just not there. My husband thinks I'm dying and doesn't make idiotic comments anymore about not doing my "job" around the house and has been helping out quite a bit.

I have searched the internet through everything from West Nile virus to Lupus to MS to Cronic Fatigue and Diabetes. I just can find one that fits. There is a new doc coming in to a neighboring town next week and I'm going to try her. I just wish I had a starting point though. Hopefully she will be able to spend more that 5 min with me since she will be new and not yet have a big patient load.

Oh- I also have the jumpy eye thing mention in another post too. I've had it for years - even as a kid - but now it is all the time.

Please help guys! I'll appreciate any ideas you have.

Forgot to mention I have a sensation of being stung (ouch!) in my hands, feet, and back now and then yesterday and today. Anybody experiencing this?

[This message has been edited by imsotired (edited 09-19-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2003, 01:21 PM   #2

imsotired HB User
Thumbs up

Bump!

Closed Thread