It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
(female)

Bier HB User
Post Aching Feet and Legs

Anyone else have aching feet by the end of the day. I wake up and feel fine. I walk around for a bit and my feet begin to ache. Then, my legs start aching. I occasionally have ankle swelling. My Doctor diagnosed the Hypothyroidism in late June. I have been on 0.05 mgs of Synthroid since then. My last blood test in July was within normal range. Should I be asking for a referral to an endocrinologist? Will the aching ever stop. It began in January and continues. All the other symptoms are much better. I am also peri menopausal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 06:12 AM   #2

ANNETTE H HB User
Lightbulb

Not sure that there is one thing to blame. Of course w Hypo-T weight gain can be the first villain. Then arthritis, bursitis are the next bad guys. I have bursitis in both hips and both feet! So much for exercising,we used to teach C/W couples and line dancing. Not any more!! I am limited to deep water arobics at the Y. My feet hurt all the time, on or off of them! If I can,I try to get a pedicure ever two weeks.This keeps the skin on my heels even and I feel sooo much better! Just a 5 minute foot& leg rub by my hubby can make the difference between sleeping or not sleeping.I am on Bextra.Tylenol helps. I have been on Synthroid 100mcg for 26 years. Sorry, I can't say if or when the pain goes away. I just hope it does! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

If there other symptoms on this dose, stick w this dose & dr.We all keep hoping for the most brilliant dr in the world,but if you are happy,stay put for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 06:20 AM   #3

SandyJR HB User
Hi, i too, was recently diagnosed with hypo two weeks ago and was put on .25 Synthroid. I dont have the aching feet as you describe but my feet too occasionally tingle esp my toes. I suggest you see your dr and discuss this if you havent already. You can go straight to an endo which might be better as he specializes in tbis disease. Im considering doing the same thing. My biggest complaint with this disease is a feeling of a lump in my throat. Have you experienced this at all? I wish you the best of luck in getting answers and relief from your symptoms. Keep us posted.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
I have this sometimes, my legs will ache, sometimes it feels as though I've been climbing stairs or something and occasionally my feet hurt.
As the thyroid fluctuates the symptoms will come and go, your numbers may be in range but are they in the right area of the range?
Doctors tend to look at the tests and as long as the numbers are in range then you should feel good right? wrong, a lot depends on where they are in the range. If you are hypo your TSH should be below 2, your T4 free and T3 free should be in the mid to upper part of the range.
If your doc is only checking TSH then you better get another doc. Be sure to always check the FT4 and FT3 as these are the active thyroid hormones in your blood.

Old 09-19-2003, 09:08 AM   #5
(female)

Bier HB User
Further to the aching legs and feet issue of hypothyroidism, in my case, it continues. My legs feel like I have just participated in a marathon. Then, there is the constant pain in my feet. It used to be only the left foot, now, it is both feet. I am to return to my Doctor for a check-up next month. I will be asking for a referral to an endocrinologist.

Old 09-20-2003, 06:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Wink

about pain in the legs, and having just participated in a marathon: i used to have so much pain i literally WEPT in the morning, and the only thing to do was to get up and walk it off ... i've only just realized that i DON'T have it now, this morning, and haven't had it for a couple of weeks ...

guess we all have our own versions of pain, some in the morning and some in the evening ... they felt like 'growing pains' to me ...

jb

ps. and this was during the 6 months before i was dx'd, so you can imagine my state ... and i'm beginning to realize now that i was a victim of BAD DOCTORING ... jeez laweez!!!

[This message has been edited by jinglebts (edited 09-20-2003).]

Closed Thread